Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Started by Martok, November 14, 2017, 01:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Looking good? Cinematic trailer, no gameplay? And you think it will be a good game?
Anyway TW experience don't vary much anyway. I'll probably buy this when on sale.

Gusington

Need to view all this on a real PC, not a phone...thanks for posting Martok!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That's not the Alfred I know from, "The Last Kingdom". But he still might be good enough to get my money.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Quote from: jomni on January 05, 2018, 07:53:35 AM
Looking good? Cinematic trailer, no gameplay? And you think it will be a good game?
A fair point.  In fact, I'm more looking forward to gameplay footage than anything else, especially since it's the campaign side of the game that has me particularly interested. 

It was still nice to see an actual glimpse of the game, though -- even if Alfred is portrayed as being way more "manly" than he probably was in real life.  (Yes, Sir Slash, I had that thought as well.)  ::) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Quote from: jomni on January 05, 2018, 07:53:35 AM
Anyway TW experience don't vary much anyway. I'll probably buy this when on sale.

Yeah, I mean aren't we all pretty familiar with what you're getting with any TW game at this point? Only a matter of where it falls on the AI spectrum: Empire or Shogun 2
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Destraex

Not sure whether to look forward to this.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on January 05, 2018, 10:21:04 PM
My kingdom for a release date!
I suspect it's coming out in April or May.  If that proves to be wrong, however, then we'll know it won't be released til autumn. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Gusington

Hoping for April or May 👍 - what makes you think that?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 05, 2018, 10:38:48 AM
That's not the Alfred I know from, "The Last Kingdom". But he still might be good enough to get my money.

;)

The TW cinematics are always pretty ridiculous aren't they?

Alfred the Great was, by accounts, a sickly and scrawny, but smart, bookish type.  Then you see that TW cinematic..  :DD

CJReich46

Quote from: Nefaro on January 06, 2018, 04:58:39 PM

;)

Alfred the Great was, by accounts, a sickly and scrawny, but smart, bookish type.  Then you see that TW cinematic..  :DD

No kidding. I didn't see shield walls either.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on January 06, 2018, 09:37:27 AM
Hoping for April or May 👍 - what makes you think that?
1.)  CA nearly always does a mid-spring or late autumn release. 

2.)  It's a smaller title (as opposed to the Warhammer series or the next major "Eras" historical title), being worked on by a smaller team. 

2a.)  Jack Lusted has dropped subtle hints that due to the above, the game is likely (though not guaranteed) to be out sooner rather than later. 

3.)  The game was announced back in November (including the initial trailer).  And for a "smaller" title like Thrones of Britannia, it would especially make sense for CA to wait til closer to its intended release date before making said announcement.  (For a larger game, like Warhammer or the next major historical title, they could probably get away with a lead time of a year or so.)  While the timing of the initial announcement and teaser trailer obviously isn't always the greatest predictor of a Total War title's release date, there's still usually a fairly strong correlation between the two. 

Quote from: CJReich46 on January 06, 2018, 10:49:21 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 06, 2018, 04:58:39 PM

;)

No kidding. I didn't see shield walls either.
I noticed the lack of shieldwall action immediately.  As I said when I posted the trailer, however, it sounds like the shieldwall was left out because CA thought the sword combat would draw more of a crowd (so to speak), and that we'll see shieldwall combat in later gameplay videos.  Not sure I agree with the logic, but then I'm not in marketing (thank the gods). 

Gusington

^Wow man...you've really thought this out.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on January 07, 2018, 12:48:32 PM
^Wow man...you've really thought this out.
Heh, thanks.  It would probably be more accurate, however, to say I automatically "intuited" that conclusion, and only afterwards came up with the rational(?) explanation for how I reached it.  It's something I seem to do on a fairly regular basis.