Kirstie Alley, 71, died last year, dang you clickbaity internet articles!

Started by JasonPratt, May 18, 2023, 09:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/cheers-and-disney-s-toothless-star-kirstie-alley-dies-at-71/ar-AA1bkWm0?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=6dc4b856798140ac9ad1038f2779137e&ei=53

Oddly, I thought she had already passed away, but the article was from five minutes ago (at the time I saw it), so huh.

(Update: the original thread was in fact here https://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=26684.msg718338#msg718338

I thought I selected "entire forum" to search for "Kirstie" but must have selected something else somehow.)

My brain has also decided to make 'headcanon' the idea that Kirstie was always 'starring' as Toothless the Night Fury in the How to Train Your Dragon series of films.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Not only that, but I could have sworn remembering we had a thread about her dying already! -- but a search for Kirstie comes up empty, except for this thread.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

SirAndrewD

She died last year, the article cites that as well.  December 5, 2022. 

The article's from Disney Tips, it's one of those clickbait news aggregates that copy pastes other stories.  In this case they just scrubbed a story from last year and made it a headline to get traffic.

They're reposting part of a People magazine story from December. 

And yes, we had a thread on it here.

https://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=26684.msg718338#msg718338
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

This place makes me lose my mind probably once a day, so...done for today.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

So we should change the thread title to "Kirstie Alley dies again!"

JasonPratt

I changed it to a more accurate title.  :Loser:  :uglystupid2:  :buck2:

I sure thought I had set the search to "entire forum" but must have set it to something else instead by accident.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

JasonPratt

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

To create hunka-hunks of burning love? Perkins does have a really good bakery usually!

Gusington

Maybe but peanut-butter and banana sandwiches are his go-to  :tophat:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash