More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Tpek

Quote from: Barthheart on December 02, 2013, 09:08:34 AM
One fer LB....

And still, he bangs Mera and you're stuck with internet jokes  8)

Barthheart

JasonPratt

Admittedly, Mera is also covered with a protective layer of mucus. (And is often psychopathic.)

Quote from: Barthheart on December 02, 2013, 09:43:48 AM

And then, a cat appeared.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 02, 2013, 08:50:54 AMFind & replace!

Duh; but I meant replacing with a carriage return. Fortunately I found the special character operation thingy in Word.

However, the pivot table tool doesn't like text, only numbers, so I'll have to figure out how to make the frequency command line work. (ARGH, that doesn't seem to like text either. Actually, the frequency command only makes sense with bins, so many in this bin, so many in that bin, etc. Crap.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Barthheart on December 02, 2013, 01:59:05 PM

That looks Photoshopped. The guy holding the wands up and crossed is showing the universal sign for 'stop' when bringing an aircraft into a gate. I worked the ramp for United many years ago and loved this part of the job.

Plus if that cargo container had actually entered the engine, the engine would have shredded like shrapnel in a heartbeat, as would the container - it's fairly well-built but the walls are flimsy and lightweight. God knows I loaded enough of them to last a lifetime. And saw my share of ramp workers almost sucked up into engines that made me have a healthy disposition to stay well clear of their maws.

Sorry to be a killjoy.  8)

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 03, 2013, 08:18:20 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 02, 2013, 01:59:05 PM

That looks Photoshopped. The guy holding the wands up and crossed is showing the universal sign for 'stop' when bringing an aircraft into a gate. I worked the ramp for United many years ago and loved this part of the job.

Plus if that cargo container had actually entered the engine, the engine would have shredded like shrapnel in a heartbeat, as would the container - it's fairly well-built but the walls are flimsy and lightweight. God knows I loaded enough of them to last a lifetime. And saw my share of ramp workers almost sucked up into engines that made me have a healthy disposition to stay well clear of their maws.

Sorry to be a killjoy.  8)

Nope, the guy in the shot has a camera and is taking a picture of the cargo container jammed in the engine. I'm guessing an empty one was too close to the engine on start up.

JasonPratt

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Barthheart on December 03, 2013, 08:33:03 AM
Nope, the guy in the shot has a camera and is taking a picture of the cargo container jammed in the engine. I'm guessing an empty one was too close to the engine on start up.

No kidding? It's just...dumb for that guy to be signalling a stop to nothing, unless there's someone out of the shot we can't see, and even then it still doesn't make sense. Oh well.

Still, if that's truly a real picture...what a dumbass. They told us plenty of times not to get containers near the plane...not to drive under the wings even if you have plenty of space...I'm trying not to laugh at the possible ineptitude this represents.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 03, 2013, 08:42:16 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 03, 2013, 08:33:03 AM

No kidding? It's just...dumb for that guy to be signalling a stop to nothing, unless there's someone out of the shot we can't see, and even then it still doesn't make sense. Oh well.

You mean the guy taking a picture of the container jammed in the engine? Because I don't see another guy in the picture...