More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 14, 2014, 07:31:50 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 11, 2014, 08:47:54 PM

except the second guy would have gone to the far end

No, then the third guy could have gone in the middle urinal..... that's the joke.

BanzaiCat

Ubercat

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 13, 2014, 11:18:48 PM
I can't wait for JP to come in here and try to set us straight.  :2funny:

Well, he IS an expert on fantasy.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Tpek

BanzaiCat

The Computer is your friend! Trust The Computer. Or face summary experimental dismemberment therapy.

JasonPratt

Quote from: mirth on December 13, 2014, 02:55:33 PM

This is almost literally what my Mom asks me to do for our tree every year.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: mirth on December 13, 2014, 09:51:09 PM

That is so great!  8) The magi are my favorite secondary Christmas characters.

True story: was browsing the Bro's wish list (including potential niece gifts) and found a Minifig boat with Jesus and the 13 apostles (Matthais, not Paul -- oddly doesn't seem to be a Minifig set with Paul, which is too bad because artistically he traditionally has an epic forehead. Not that he would have been in a boat with the others at any time, of course; just weird he doesn't seem to be in any set at all.)

Not only did I get that, I also picked up a Minifig ornament set with all (at the time) 11 Doctors.

I AM NOW HORRIBLY TEMPTED TO PUT THEM IN THE BOAT WITH THE APOSTLES!!

Or possibly instead of the apostles.

I may need an intervention.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 13, 2014, 09:59:22 PM
Spiderman and the Lone Ranger, that I can see...

But badgers? Josephus never ever mentions badgers in any of his histories- not once!

Heh, I get the satire there...! (And the Pagels joke later.  ;D )

More seriously, I'm trying to figure out who the guy with the glaive is... and the, um, wolf in bondage gear?

The badgers may be from a Disney film (not the Narnia series I presume, wrong shape, though that would be greatly appropriate). The raccoon is surely Disney.

The presentation as a whole could be construed as a representation of one or both of Isaiah's "God's Holy Mountain" prophecies, of course. :) My favorite part of which is that the bronze serpent from Genesis (i.e. Satan) is finally shown on the mountain eating his dust at last (penitently humble) and playing with children! -- a translation that tends to get obscured in English, for what I suppose are obvious reasons.

BanzaiCat

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

I accept the "My family is like a board game" challenge!

" -- I spend one night punching their bits out, and then never bother with them again."

Mm-hm, pretty sure I've already won. Good luck!

Staggerwing

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 15, 2014, 01:42:15 PM

Looks like a movie poster for one of those "Psycho Stepdad" flicks.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Haha!

When I was a teenager I sooo wanted a Tom Baker scarf but could never get any relatives who could knit to make one.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on December 15, 2014, 08:37:42 PM

Winning!

The only thing that could be better is the Doctor offering a Jelly Baby to the Christ child.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus