More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 17, 2015, 10:18:40 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 17, 2015, 10:00:33 PM
I scratched my head...?

(in my defense... it is late here and I'm tired.)

GoT

The cosplayer is Hodor, a giant simpleton in service of House Stark, who only can say, "Hodor."  Brandon Stark was pushed from a tower window by Jamie Lannister and is now crippled.  Hodor carries Bran(don) around now.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Thx. One of these years I'll get around to watching that series.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 18, 2015, 08:52:55 AM
Thx. One of these years I'll get around to watching that series.

read

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 18, 2015, 08:52:55 AM
Thx. One of these years the author will get around to watching finishing that series.

FTFY
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Ubercat

Heh. I like GoT a lot. I've read all 5 books twice.

Just about a week and a half ago I started the monumental task of reading Wheel of Time from the beginning. I first read book 1 about 22 years ago and gave up on the series after book 7 because I got sick of the long waits between new books. I vowed to wait until the series was complete.

Now that all 14 books are finished, I have begun the task foretold 19 years ago!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Nefaro

Quote from: Ubercat on October 18, 2015, 09:38:10 AM
Just about a week and a half ago I started the monumental task of reading Wheel of Time from the beginning.

I'm sorry.

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 18, 2015, 07:22:36 AM

Buahahhaha!! 

Excellent.

MetalDog

Quote from: Ubercat on October 18, 2015, 09:38:10 AM
Just about a week and a half ago I started the monumental task of reading Wheel of Time from the beginning.

I implore you to stop now!  PLEASE devote your time to something more worthwhile!!  Like, pretending your dead so you'll know what it feels like when it happens to you one day in the future.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

^^Oh come no, what's not to love about 14 books that continuously throw the main characters in to bad situations with zero drama because they'll always pull through?  ::)

Ubercat

I loved everything through book 7, 20 odd years ago, so I figure I'll enjoy at least the first half.  ;)
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

besilarius

Opie never talked of this.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

bayonetbrant