More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

Modern problems no one foresaw even ten years ago.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

Tpek

Quote from: besilarius on November 03, 2015, 06:44:51 PM
Anything with cats is awesome.

Too bad our genius of a Minister of Agriculture wants to transfers them all to another country, because it's more "moral and ethical" to do so than castrate stray cats.  :idiot2:

Centurion40

Quote from: Tpek on November 04, 2015, 11:20:49 AM

Too bad our genius of a Minister of Agriculture wants to transfers them all to another country, because it's more "moral and ethical" to do so than castrate stray cats.  :idiot2:

And I suppose he is also hoping to solve a food shortage elsewhere on the planet?  ;)  Meow!  ::)    >:D
Any time is a good time for pie.

Tpek

Quote from: Centurion40 on November 04, 2015, 11:47:57 AM
Quote from: Tpek on November 04, 2015, 11:20:49 AM

And I suppose he is also hoping to solve a food shortage elsewhere on the planet?  ;)  Meow!  ::)    >:D

There are hungry children in Thailand... :P
Jokes aside, I doubt he's planning to do all of this from some altruistic humanistic views (especially given his record and his party affiliation).

JasonPratt

Quote from: Barthheart on November 04, 2015, 08:44:36 AM
"Is that my Halloween candy?!?"

I have to tell the truth, I've trolled my nieces before on that. (Not that way, but on appearing to eat their gift candy.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

bayonetbrant

Maybe we start off training the Iraqis on how to wear their helmets before we move on to more difficult concepts.  Like breathing.

(this is from this past summer)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 06, 2015, 10:01:00 AM
Maybe we start off training the Iraqis on how to wear their helmets before we move on to more difficult concepts.  Like breathing.

(this is from this past summer)

When I deployed to Afghanistan I flew in with a major from my brigade staff. As we got on the C-17 I just kept noticing that her helmet looked funny but it took me a few minutes to figure out why. Then it hit me that not only had she put her helmet cover on backwards over her helmet, but she had also sewn her rank onto the wrong (back) side of the cover. Not quite as egregious as the above example, but still, it didn't instill me with great confidence in the soldiering skills of the staff, mostly because it indicated that she hadn't worn a helmet (been to the field) a single time over the past year of train-up.

BanzaiCat

^ Did you get to break the news to her?

Airborne Rifles

No. Being the good neighbor that I am,I chose to let her walk into the HQ of a unit that had been in combat for the past nine months while clearly demonstrating her true level of training and readiness.

BanzaiCat