More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Plus, if you're REALLY lonely, you can hump your sleeping bag. I didn't say that. Somebody else told me to.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 30, 2016, 02:01:00 PM
Plus, if you're REALLY lonely, you can hump your sleeping bag. I didn't say that. Somebody else told me to.  ::)

quit hanging out with Mirth

bayonetbrant

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Staggerwing

Them top bars look to be made of the finest brown-painted tinfoil.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

BanzaiCat

BanzaiCat

BanzaiCat

Hahahaha...Amazon comments again for the win.

I heard about this just this morning as I started work, off of the Anthony Cumia podcast.

Playmobil Security Checkpoint

QuoteThe woman traveler stops by the security checkpoint. After placing her luggage on the screening machine, the airport employee checks her baggage. The traveler hands her spare change and watch to the security guard and proceeds through the metal detector. With no time to spare, she picks up her luggage and hurries to board her flight!

Some of the questions asked and answered by users:  ;D

Does it come with a TSA Pre-check bypass lane?
Answer: Unfortunately no, however it does NOT have backscatter x-ray so less invasion of privacy.

Can I buy separate figures of various skin color to teach racial profiling?
Answer: Luckily, with Playmobil™ playsets, all characters from other sets are interchangeable with those of another set. With sets like Liquor Store Robbery and Suicide Bomb Fiasco you can turn your security checkpoint in to a great learning tool for all ages.

Can the powder-blue scarf be removed and if so can it be reworked into traditional Arab head scarf?
Answer: No, it cannot. Unfortunately, the clothes cannot be removed. This is a horrific design error; it's impossible to play with the set without strip-searches. My kids were very disappointed. Fortunately, there is an expansion kit which includes a Koran, a head scarf, and a prayer rug so your kids can know who to randomly select.

Can the suitcase be opened and riffled through for items to pocket?
Answer: Most definitely. Along with an anal cavity search. But only after a radiation xray scan. Then your all set to travel freely through America: the land of the free.

Why do the figurines have smiles?
Answer: probably from the patdowns

Customer-submitted pix (for a laugh):  :D

And the Customer Reviews:2funny:

By bbdd on January 2, 2013
Get it now as soon it will no longer be available. TSA has requested that this product be removed from the market. It was deemed a security risk as it is virtually identical to the actual training material used to train TSA agents.

Not complete without the line....
By Amazon Customer on March 8, 2008
This toy would be a lot more realistic with about 350 people standing in line for an average of an hour. It still makes a nice set with the interrogation room.

██ █ ████ fantastic ███ █████ toy █████
By Paul Nord on January 14, 2013
██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Already looking for a replacement
By Michael Trapp on December 29, 2012
Had this item 3 or 4 days now, and things were going fine, until some of the "passengers" began complaining of missing items from their luggage. I found the items in a Playmobil Security Manager's Office, which I hadn't realized I ordered. I'm thinking of complaining to the Playmobil Shop Steward but I'm not sure I'll get anywhere -