More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panzerde

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 23, 2016, 10:44:11 AM
Shouldn't it be 'Stabbing 2' instead of 'Slashing 2' then?

Hey, you do it your way, I'll do it mine...  ;D
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Unicorns aren't just probable. They actually exist (if rarely). PROVEN BY SCIENCE!

(Unicorns are goats with a rare horn deficiency, horns fused to one horn.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Ubercat

They're mentioned in the Bible, too, IIRC, so they MUST have been real at one point.  ::)
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Tpek

Quote from: Ubercat on September 23, 2016, 01:17:50 PM
They're mentioned in the Bible, too, IIRC, so they MUST have been real at one point.  ::)

Where? What was even the original Hebrew word for them? (nowadays it's pretty much a translation of Unicorn)

Ubercat

Quote from: Tpek on September 23, 2016, 01:53:25 PM

Where? What was even the original Hebrew word for them? (nowadays it's pretty much a translation of Unicorn)

I'm not sure off the top of my head. Let's ask Google.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Tpek

Quote from: Ubercat on September 23, 2016, 09:16:34 PM
Quote from: Tpek on September 23, 2016, 01:53:25 PM

I'm not sure off the top of my head. Let's ask Google.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicorn#Biblical

It's not in the Bible :P

It couldn't possibly be in the Bible, since Unicorns are pretty much modern horses with a single horn on their heads.
Modern horses did not yet exist at the time of the Bible, with the horses of that time resembling a Pony more than what we call a Horse these days.

Ubercat

If G*d can put dinosaurs on the Ark then HE can have onehorned modern horses be around in the ancient world! Who are you to question G*d???

:P

- Thomas Sowell

besilarius

Who says men and women have trouble communicating.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Tpek

Quote from: Ubercat on September 24, 2016, 09:40:16 AM
If G*d can put dinosaurs on the Ark then HE can have onehorned modern horses be around in the ancient world! Who are you to question G*d???

:P

He didn't put dinosaurs on the ark.

It's Noah, the creator of the world's first floating zoo (and also credited with being the world's first drunkard, and possibly wine-maker).

undercovergeek

Quote from: besilarius on September 24, 2016, 10:21:41 AM
Who says men and women have trouble communicating.

Every single day of my life this

Silent Disapproval Robot

You should get a new motorcycle.

Staggerwing

Or just take it to the shop. It takes a real man to admit that Lucas Industries' wiring has bested him.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

besilarius

I can see little Mirth doing this to innocent, unsuspecting girls in pigtails, after getting bored with dipping their hair into inkwells.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.