Main Menu

Snowmageddon!

Started by mirth, February 07, 2013, 05:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

I'll make a beautiful corpse

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

In all seriousness fellas, those of you in the way of this deal, be careful.  On a lighter note, enjoy your snow day!  I don't expect ANY of you are going to work :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Unfortunately I work from home now so there's no upside at all from this thing.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 07, 2013, 08:17:57 PM
300 empty aveeno bottles does not make a NatGeo special.

Ye can keep yer fancy Flowreedah stuff- Lard were good enuf fer granda an' it's good enuf fer me.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jarhead0331

I'm in the 12" to 16" range...snow blower is fueled up and ready to kick butt!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on February 07, 2013, 08:25:36 PM

Tell the boss "Too much snow make internet slow... No worry, Mon. Soon come."

Then send him a jpeg of a new Volkswagen.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 07, 2013, 08:32:00 PM
I'm in the 12" to 16" range...snow blower is fueled up and ready to kick butt!

Have fun! When you are done there you can come to my place.   ;D  I think you, me and Gus are all in the same relative range of snow fall.

On a side note they say the wind is going to be strong as well which is what could cause power outages.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MetalDog

Not that anyone will be surprised, but here is an off topic question, if you work from home, how do you get any work done?!?!  I don't think I have the required intestinal fortitude to force my self to do any work if I was just kickin' it in my pj's.  I mean, I'm moving in three weeks and I don't have NOTHIN' packed yet.  Instead, I'm on this here computer wasting time.

LongBlade

Quote from: MetalDog on February 07, 2013, 08:53:22 PM

Not that anyone will be surprised, but here is an off topic question, if you work from home, how do you get any work done?!?!  I don't think I have the required intestinal fortitude to force my self to do any work if I was just kickin' it in my pj's.  I mean, I'm moving in three weeks and I don't have NOTHIN' packed yet.  Instead, I'm on this here computer wasting time.

Believe it or not, the hard part is *not* working.

The converse to working from home is that you never leave the office.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Centurion40

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 07, 2013, 07:18:36 PM
I'm in the 12" to 18" or 18" to 24" myself, depending on what forecast one follows. Interesting times...

THey haven't broken it to us yet, how bad it will be. It'll probably be close to Mirthland.
Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

I don't really care for it. It's too easy to put in a load of laundry, do dishes or other stuff like that. I'm not really tempted to play a game or goof off. I feel more guilty about that. As far as wasting time on the computer, I could do that just as much at the office.

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on February 07, 2013, 10:07:03 PM

I don't really care for it. It's too easy to put in a load of laundry, do dishes or other stuff like that. I'm not really tempted to play a game or goof off. I feel more guilty about that. As far as wasting time on the computer, I could do that just as much at the office.

I'll bet even factoring in a load of laundry you still check work stuff at night and on weekends. I'll bet you put in more time working than you think.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MetalDog

Of course it's not scientific, but I just heard this morning on the radio that 80% of office workers time is spent on goofing off at the computer.

mirth

Quote from: LongBlade on February 07, 2013, 10:11:30 PM
Quote from: mirth on February 07, 2013, 10:07:03 PM

I'll bet even factoring in a load of laundry you still check work stuff at night and on weekends. I'll bet you put in more time working than you think.

That's always been part of my job. My iPhone is covered by work, but it comes with a lot of strings. If someone's website goes down, they don't care if it's 7AM Sunday and you're only on the first cup of coffee.

MetalDog

I used to be the 24/7 guy for the company I worked for and I got a call on Christmas morning.  A lady at one of our properties had ants and insisted that I come right then.  My (ex)wife was the office manager and neither one of us could get ahold of the owner.  So I went.