Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Possibly your introduction to Devo

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Pete Dero

Quote from: MetalDog on November 25, 2017, 11:40:41 AM
Possibly your introduction to Devo

Most people will recognize 'Whip It' when they hear it (maybe from the Raising Helen soundtrack)

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 24, 2017, 01:22:19 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on November 24, 2017, 11:31:28 AM

I think the strumbellas music is all kinds of awesome :)

I thought I didn't know them until I found their big hit Spirits  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9kXstb9FF4)

Don't listen to it or you will hear it all day.

Yep I love that song  O0 and it'd be a shame to for it to be only stuck in my head..... Let's play it for all the lovely people in grogland :)

Quote from: MetalDog on November 24, 2017, 09:45:39 PM
Used to love this song, too!

Love this song too  O0 me and my daughter will sometimes just randomly sing lines from this song to each other..... Unexpectedly  ;D  ;D

Quote from: MetalDog on November 24, 2017, 11:06:56 PM
Not sure how big Jimmy Buffett is to any of you outside of "Margaritaville," but, if you know another Buffett song, it might be this one:

I've heard of jimmy buffett. But, oh my gawd..... What the hell was that...  :DD cheeseburger solo needs to happen!!!!! Strumming the stringy cheese of Mcdonalds burgers.... I'm lovin it  ;D air cheese guitar time  :bd:

I thought you put up a slew of great music there MD :)  some I know, some I don't! You've reminded me what a great movie the commitments is, haven't watched it in ages! And that elvis costello track had me thinking about morrisey and the smiths, I love some of their songs :) and I'll be checking out the recommended albums, nice one MD, thanks  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

You're entirely too kind, Em.  I hope you enjoy all the music!

MetalDog

MetalDog

A drivin' little rocker from The Police's debut album

MetalDog

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

Jimmy Buffet music - I could take it or leave it

Most Jimmy Buffet fans - need to be dropped into the south Indian Ocean to conduct a manual search for Malaysian Flight 370

If I hated you back when I was an undergrad in college, one of 2 things was probably true:
1. You were a Jimmy Buffet fan
2. You were a graduate of Millbrook High School in Raleigh (those kids were seriously assholes)

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

RHCP posted this to their FB acc't the other day as their #tbt

my wife was at this show (it was 7 years before we met)

New Year's Eve 1991, San Francisco

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

Quote from: MetalDog on November 25, 2017, 02:52:21 PM
You're entirely too kind, Em.  I hope you enjoy all the music!

I certainly am enjoying all the music MD :) in the words of ABBA... 'thank you for the music', lol  O0 I'm sure at some point I'll be posting my favorite songs from the various recommends, once they have a chance to become favorites, after copious amounts of listening  :D  I really like a couple of the songs you've just posted, the police and Kenny Rogers :) That has to be one of the best country songs I know of, the gambler.... Great song!

Never count your money when you're sittin at the table!!! Too true Kenny, haha!

Quote from: bob48 on November 25, 2017, 04:29:44 PM

Great song Bob  O0 really enjoyed listening to that :)

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 26, 2017, 05:41:35 AM
RHCP posted this to their FB acc't the other day as their #tbt

my wife was at this show (it was 7 years before we met)

New Year's Eve 1991, San Francisco

That looks like a great lineup Brant :)  I bet your wife remembers that new years eve!!!!!

This is blink 182 :) I miss you........ I miss yooooooou......

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

Got something for ya', Brant.  A Brooklyn/New Orleans funk/soul band called Pimps of Joytime.  Found them on Spotify and they just cook!  Couple of videos for example, including one featuring Rubblebucket, another great little band.  This time from Brad Posey's, 'Invisible City' music program on the local NPR station.  I'll throw one in by them, too.

And Rubblebucket

And just cuz I love these guys, here's some Lake Street Dive

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on November 28, 2017, 07:35:43 PM
Got something for ya', Brant.  A Brooklyn/New Orleans funk/soul band called Pimps of Joytime.  Found them on Spotify and they just cook! 

very cool - thanks!  O0

definitely going to look for some more of them.

got a little bit of DC go-go in the underlying beats there, too

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 28, 2017, 08:25:28 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 28, 2017, 07:35:43 PM
Got something for ya', Brant.  A Brooklyn/New Orleans funk/soul band called Pimps of Joytime.  Found them on Spotify and they just cook! 

very cool - thanks!  O0

definitely going to look for some more of them.

got a little bit of DC go-go in the underlying beats there, too

Glad you liked them :)