Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend

Started by undercovergeek, February 14, 2013, 03:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Who the hell is Oscar Pestorius? Yes, I googled it...my question remains.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 14, 2013, 07:25:50 AM

really?

wow, i thought he was massive international news - he has prosthetic limbs from the knees down and won every paraplegic sprint competition available and all the gold medals to go with it, to the extent that he lobbied to be allowed to run in non paraplegic events at the last olympics - everyone was watching to see how he got on

the guy is a sporting legend for some and is certainly a South African legend

TheCommandTent

Yeah he was made a big deal this past Olympics by the world media for the above reasons.  It is a shame when you see someone with an inspirational story do something like this.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

part of the google problem might be b/c the headline of the thread has his name spelled wrong

Oscar Pistorius
with an 'i' right after the 'p'

easy name to mess up, tho - I thought it was "Pastorius"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MIGMaster

I never trust a guy with high-end mobility mods  ;)

undercovergeek

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 14, 2013, 08:38:42 AM

part of the google problem might be b/c the headline of the thread has his name spelled wrong

Oscar Pistorius
with an 'i' right after the 'p'

easy name to mess up, tho - I thought it was "Pastorius"

Fixered

Longdan

The linked article says who he is in some detail.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Martok

[snicker]

On a more serious note, this is certainly turning into a rather strange case.  One gets the impression that neither Pistorius nor the cops can tell the simple truth. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: Martok on February 23, 2013, 05:33:48 AM
[snicker]

On a more serious note, this is certainly turning into a rather strange case.  One gets the impression that neither Pistorius nor the cops can tell the simple truth.

i have an awful feeling hes going to get away with it - not killing her obviously, but her muder

the list of inconsistencies in the story goes on but i just get that feeling

LongBlade

Competence seems to be lacking on this one.

One news story indicated the the lead detective was being investigated for murder himself. Apparently he and some buds went driving down the road shooting at another vehicle...while drunk.

If true that's not exactly a shining moment.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

undercovergeek

hes been replaced - there are reports he walked straight into the crime scene, defence are saying hes corrupted some evidence. He leaked a report saying that they found syringes full of testosterone all over the house - the results of the contents of those syringes hasnt even come back yet

On the other hand Pistorious says he thought it was a burglar - he had to climb over his girlfriends side of the bed to get to his gone and didnt notice he hadnt had to climb over her? he said he had his prosthetic limbs on but all the bullets are going up in trajectory

it makes good reading though

Airborne Rifles

Well regardless, Pistorious is knee deep in it now...doesn't seem to have a leg to stand on.