Catalog of Nazi Camps Far More Numerous and Worse than Previously Believed

Started by son_of_montfort, March 02, 2013, 03:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

son_of_montfort

Apparently researchers have found that the number of camps and ghettos for Jews in Nazi Germany was far higher than previously estimated.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/02/holocaust-researchers-catalogue-nazi-ghettos_n_2797031.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/sunday-review/the-holocaust-just-got-more-shocking.html?pagewanted=1&_r=3&

They now say that there were some 42,500 camps, killing factories, ghettos, and slave labor sites. That number is outright staggering and really hits you. 42,500 sites is extremely hard to imagine and understand.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

mirth

I saw the Times article earlier. The numbers are horrific and hard to wrap your brain around. There are a couple of accompanying graphics that really make it sink in.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Longdan

digni enim sunt interdicunt

son_of_montfort

<Mod Hat ON>
Longdan, I'm not sure exactly what you mean but that statement is bordering on offensive. We won't tolerate offensive statements on a subject of such gravity and this is not a topic open to sardonic and sarcastic jokes.
<Mod Hat OFF>
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Longdan

Quote from: son_of_montfort on March 02, 2013, 05:27:32 PM
<Mod Hat ON>
Longdan, I'm not sure exactly what you mean but that statement is bordering on offensive. We won't tolerate offensive statements on a subject of such gravity and this is not a topic open to sardonic and sarcastic jokes.
<Mod Hat OFF>
There are a lot of people who would like us all to forget this whole thing.  Nobody every should.  I have no idea what you thought I meant or what you think I would be trying
to say.  I could take offense at that alone.

TheCommandTent

Thanks for the links SOM.  After visiting the Holocaust Museum in DC this past summer that is even harder to stomach.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Longdan on March 02, 2013, 05:03:13 PM
Just to make sure nobody starts feeling sorry for them.

I have no idea what you thought I meant or what you think I would be trying

you know exactly what you said and why and you knew what kind of reaction you would get.
so dont play stupid and no one cares about you being offended.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Longdan

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 02, 2013, 06:12:57 PM

you know exactly what you said and why and you knew what kind of reaction you would get.
I guess I will apologise to all the Retro-Nazis and Crypto-Fascists I may have offended by suggesting that no one ever feel sorry for them.  Ever.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Longdan

LongBlade

Quote from: Longdan on March 02, 2013, 06:22:35 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 02, 2013, 06:12:57 PM

I guess I will apologise to all the Retro-Nazis and Crypto-Fascists I may have offended by suggesting that no one ever feel sorry for them.  Ever.

I read your statement as sarcasm, but you and I both know it could have been taken out of context. The rest is just you mouthing off for your own giggles.

Dan, we have three simple rules here, the third being not to waste the mods' time. You have no idea how much time you've already consumed with your previous asinine comments. Were I you, I'd take care when someone raises a yellow card.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Longdan

I am both shocked and humiliated by your response.  I can ignore personal insults from some who cannot help
themselves.  If I can be spoken to in this fashion for suspicions of something never said then there is little point
in my posting.  Unless you are berating me for being mean or insensitive to Nazis.  If I meant anything otherwise
why would I even care?

undercovergeek

I think the gravity of the post and its subject Dan is all you need to know that it didn't warrant a mistimed misplaced humourous jibe about anyone involved in the topic of discussion

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.