Main Menu

ABBA reunion

Started by besilarius, February 03, 2017, 08:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

More like a sure sign of our salvation!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Dammit Carl!

Why the hell not!?!

Waiter? "Dancing Queen," please!

mirth

My favorite wargaming song

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

Star will be beside himself with goatish anticipation.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on February 03, 2017, 08:49:59 AM
Star will be beside himself with goatish anticipation.

This is what the goats will be thinking

Gusington

Whoa that is an extreme dental closeup. She had cabbage with dinner the night before.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Emeraldlis

I have the mama Mia DVD as well  :)  ;)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

OJsDad

God save me.  If my wife and kids learn of this, they'll want me to take them. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Steelgrave

Annndddd now I have "Dancing Queen" stuck in my head again. This must be what it's like to be Gus   :coolsmiley:

Dammit Carl!

Throw in ELO doing their "El Dorado," album and I'll be happy!

mirth

Gusington

And way The Ghey-er. I am many things but an ABBA groupie is not one. Unless it gets me some tail. Which it did back in college. Sorry, I am Prattling on. Bewbs!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

This post makes me feel REALLY old so I refuse to read it. I remember when "Dancing Queen" first came out and the first time I heard it on the radio. It was on the way home from a late night date that went into extra 'innings' and the DJ said it gave him the Big 'H'. Even dumb as I was then, you tend to remember references like that.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 03, 2017, 03:33:18 PM
This post makes me feel REALLY old so I refuse to read it. I remember when "Dancing Queen" first came out and the first time I heard it on the radio. It was on the way home from a late night date that went into extra 'innings' and the DJ said it gave him the Big 'H'. Even dumb as I was then, you tend to remember references like that.

It's a good sign that you can actually remember it.