Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I just finished my first game of Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes.  Normal setting, Spell of Making victory.  It took me twelve and a half hours to complete it.  And when I looked for somewhere here to brag about it, there didn't seem to be a thread to do it in.  So, if you finish a game, put it here so we can all tell you how awesome you are! ;)  And it doesn't have to just be wins either.  You have a spectacular defeat?  Tell us about it so we can make fun of you.  After all, what are friends for?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jomni

Good idea. Sadly I don't have anything to say at the moment.

Anguille

well done!

I finished the Omerta: the japanese incentive campaign last week and it took me about 40 hours to do so... :crazy2:

Really enjoyed it.

This week, I had a scientific victory (many normal AIs and large galaxy) and one military defeat (one AI on very hard and small galaxy...in less than two hours) in Lords of the Black Sun. I am about to win by conquest in a new game (2 AI on very hard and small galaxy) and hope to finish it tonight...

Rayfer

Quote from: MetalDog on February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM
I just finished my first game of Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes.  Normal setting, Spell of Making victory.  It took me twelve and a half hours to complete it.  And when I looked for somewhere here to brag about it, there didn't seem to be a thread to do it in.  So, if you finish a game, put it here so we can all tell you how awesome you are! ;)  And it doesn't have to just be wins either.  You have a spectacular defeat?  Tell us about it so we can make fun of you.  After all, what are friends for?

Congrats. Great game. I've only been able to finish with a victory on the easier level below normal. At normal I get bogged down in a stalemate and I lose interest and start over.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Finished this year:
1] Avernum Escape from the Pit
2] Strategic Command: WW1 Breakthroughs the 1914 campaign as Germany.

Rayfer

Quote from: airboy on February 12, 2015, 01:04:22 PM
Finished this year:

airboy: I've played SC:WWI.....just curious, were you able to win as Germany?

airboy

Quote from: Rayfer on February 12, 2015, 05:03:24 PM
Quote from: airboy on February 12, 2015, 01:04:22 PM
Finished this year:

airboy: I've played SC:WWI.....just curious, were you able to win as Germany?

Yep.  I won an unmodified game several years ago. 

The current one is an alt-history take which altered some of the game setup stuff allowed in Breakthroughs.  My alt-history game was based on the following:
Germany never attacks Belgium
The German Fleet never leaves the Baltic, enters the Atlantic, or enters the English Channel (including subs).
Britain is poised to enter the war - but will not enter without an attack on Belgium or aggressive actions by the German Fleet.

Staggerwing

Airboy, did you have a German East Asia fleet in China at the start? If so was it of any use?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 12, 2015, 08:19:32 AM
This one
http://grogheads.com/?p=7170#more-7170

Awesome job by you, Brant!  I hate it when they gang up on you towards the end.  Seems like you had everything well in hand though :)

Quote from: Rayfer on February 12, 2015, 07:40:55 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Congrats. Great game. I've only been able to finish with a victory on the easier level below normal. At normal I get bogged down in a stalemate and I lose interest and start over.

Thank you, sir!  I am hoping that the lack of random maps and MP will not put me off of this game.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Finished my Empire Total War vanilla campaign as Sweden last night. Cleaned out Russia and my Southern neighbors first thing. Martha Confederacy declared war on me early. I did nothing at first until I secured my Eastern Flank, then I took a trip through the Ottoman Empire (they were my allies) and invaded India. Martha Confederacy gave me enough regions for the win!.. This was the first Empire game, that in the end stage my Allies didn't all turn on me, nice change.

Nefaro

Wait... you were allied with the Ottomans in ETW.. and they didn't turn on you?!  :o

My neighboring allies always turned on me in the TWs prior to Shogun 2.  In record time.  Even the small ones would go suicidal and declare war on me shortly afterward.  ;D

Tuna

I think Ottoman's and Prussia were close, I may have gave one of them a couple regions as well (when I didn't want to deal with protecting it after defeating that nation), maybe that was why? Usually every TW, they all gang up on me near the end!  :P

airboy

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 12, 2015, 06:09:23 PM
Airboy, did you have a German East Asia fleet in China at the start? If so was it of any use?

You are thinking about a different game.  Asia (outside of Turkey and the Caucasus, & Iraq) are not in the playfield.

Staggerwing

Yep. For some reason I thought SCWW1 had the Pacific as well. I don't own the game myself so having Von Spee and commerce raiders seemed like a nice reason to take another look at it.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys