Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: Trials and tribulations of owning a house
« Last post by steve58 on July 21, 2021, 09:49:20 AM »
Yeah, probably just going to go the outlet route.
Computer Gaming / Re: Napoleon Era PC War Games
« Last post by ArizonaTank on July 21, 2021, 08:37:18 AM »
One more try : http://docplayer.net/29695284-Battles-of-napoleon-strategic-simulations-inc-ssi-game-rules.html

Download button is beneath the preview.
Note, that's SSI's 1988 Battle of Napoleons, not SSI's 1981 Napoleon's Campaigns : 1813 & 1815" :)

Short of doing a deep internet dive, or getting lucky for a copy on ebay, you might be out of luck on this one. Noble Knight games may also have a copy for sale.
General Discussion / Re: Interesting YouTube videos
« Last post by Lotti Fuehrscheim on July 21, 2021, 07:30:28 AM »
a bad ass old organ

Restoring ...

Making ...

Computer Gaming / Re: Napoleon Era PC War Games
« Last post by The Wargaming Scribe on July 21, 2021, 02:07:27 AM »
One more try : http://docplayer.net/29695284-Battles-of-napoleon-strategic-simulations-inc-ssi-game-rules.html

Download button is beneath the preview.
Note, that's SSI's 1988 Battle of Napoleons, not SSI's 1981 Napoleon's Campaigns : 1813 & 1815" :)
Tech Talk / Re: Steam Deck?
« Last post by MiniHexer on July 21, 2021, 12:28:20 AM »
Honestly, the more news I see about this, the less and less excited I get.  It really just seems like a somewhat crappier version of the Switch but for PC games that you don't wanna play on PC.

thats one way to look at it, but as a glass half full guy i see it like this, all my steam collection that i have bought can now be played on a handheld increasing the value of my steam collection, also its likely to be mobile as steam can run offline for a few days, and if its mobile you can take it on holiday or take it on trips in the car. you can play it at night before you sleep in bed.
« Last post by Silent Disapproval Robot on July 20, 2021, 11:46:18 PM »
People doing amazing shit and hot chicks.  What's not to like?

General Discussion / Re: Pictures of Greatness!
« Last post by Sir Slash on July 20, 2021, 08:54:32 PM »
Would you go for 75%? How about above 50?  :coolsmiley:
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on July 20, 2021, 08:25:43 PM »
I saw that vid. I watch a lot of YouTube too. Some crazy shit out there.
General Discussion / Interesting YouTube videos
« Last post by Toonces on July 20, 2021, 08:09:08 PM »
Alright, so I thought Steve58 started a thread like this, but I can't find it so here goes. (If I find Steve's thread (did I dream it?) I'll merge them).

I watch a lot of YouTube, and I'm consistently amazed at the interesting stuff you can find on there.  So, with no rules at all other than it has to be interesting, I figured I'd start a thread to consolidate some of our Groghead findings.

Except for these rules:
1.  No overt politics.
2.  No overt religion.

Otherwise, show us those unusual videos you've found.

This one, to start it off, I found from a link on Yahoo's homepage.  This knucklehead has a whole channel of this nonsense, and once you watch one, it's hard to stop.  Kinda like a Lay's potato chip.

General Discussion / Re: Trials and tribulations of owning a house
« Last post by GDS_Starfury on July 20, 2021, 06:34:30 PM »
LEDs can be tricky because of the frequency of the low voltage.  if these were normal lights from 10 years ago it can be simple.

as for the outlet, just install a GFI outlet.  its pretty much the same as installing a light switch and the instructions will be very clear.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]