New Video Card Thoughts - 2GB Enough?

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 01, 2014, 09:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

HA!  I had to go look at the box in the closet to confirm the card I have.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

eyebiter

Grim.Reaper

So ended up with a pretty good deal for a XFX R9 270x card......for $179 I got the following.

- The card itself
- 2 Free New Games
- $20 gift card

So thinking by the time I take advantage of the free games and gift card, the video card itself cost me less than a $100:)  Not too bad....

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 04, 2014, 05:36:33 PM
not bad at all.

For sure....now I just have to wait until Father's day to try the darn thing out:)

Grim.Reaper

So new card arrived yesterday but wife actually make me wait to Father's Day to use:)

She is evil!!!

eyebiter

Grim.Reaper

I believe the card I purchased indicated the cords come with it, so hopefully I am all set...

Staggerwing

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 07, 2014, 06:28:21 AM
So new card arrived yesterday but wife actually make me wait to Father's Day to use:)

She is evil!!!

How tech savvy is she?
Tell her you need to install it to make sure it works but you promise not to actually 'use it' until next sunday.  ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

ooooooooooo - its a good one

on a serious note - how long have you got to return faulty kit?

Grim.Reaper

Good idea!

I actually could take it out of the box and she likely would never even know if I put it back..with all the packaging it is heavy already:)

But I would feel guilty for the kids...I guess only one week to go.

undercovergeek

GDS_Starfury

you could install it when no ones home and put the old card in the new cards box.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 08, 2014, 08:49:20 AM
didnt this happen to you with WiF?!

Darn gifts!!!!!

But my experience with this card better play out better than WIF......my biggest game mistake in a long time!!!

undercovergeek

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 08, 2014, 09:17:27 AM
you could install it when no ones home and put the old card in the new cards box.

i think our grim gets bouts of the guilt when hes cheating