Author Topic: A new kind of electrical socket  (Read 1467 times)

Offline GDS_Starfury

• Musketeer
  • Sons of Punarchy
A new kind of electrical socket
« on: September 12, 2014, 10:33:17 PM »
Im installing a bunch of these tomorrow as replacements for the existing crap thats been in the walls for about 30 years.

http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/SectionDisplay.jsp?section=63676&minisite=10251

while not cheap at $25 each they do seem to have some nice heatsinks and the whole back area is fully enclosed and vented.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Offline Staggerwing

• Blunderbuster
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
Re: A new kind of electrical socket
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 04:59:56 AM »
I've been tempted to change a few of my receptacles to those with USB slots because the proliferation of USB-charged devices in my house has become ridiculous. Are there GFI versions as well? My most-used plugs are actually by the kitchen sink.
Vituđ ér enn - eđa hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 05:10:36 AM »
Yep, we're going to have my father-in-law put a few of these in around the house where we use them most.  Probably 1/bedroom plus kitchen and office, and maybe 1 out in the man-cave.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline GDS_Starfury

• Musketeer
  • Sons of Punarchy
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 05:44:35 AM »
Im not finding any GFCI type outlets but Im sure theyll be available at some point.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 05:46:03 AM »
I've installed a couple of these and love them. Only word of caution is they are a bit larger than a regular outlet so it can be tricky to install sometimes.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

“Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth.”
-Clifford D. Simak

Offline eyebiter

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 05:53:08 AM »
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:47:45 PM by eyebiter »

Offline GDS_Starfury

• Musketeer
  • Sons of Punarchy
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 05:59:53 AM »
it says class 2 USB on the pamphlet .