Anyone here edit Mpeg-4's?

Started by Ubercat, November 12, 2014, 09:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

I hate it when bands get cute and make songs with some music at the beginning, some music at the end, and 10+minutes of dead air in the middle. Pearl Jam and White Zombie, I believe, are both guilty of this but not the only ones.

So, does anyone edit their music and what do you use? I don't want to risk D/L'ing anything that will mess up my rig so I'm asking those I trust.

edit: Free, of course!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

BanzaiCat

I do audio all the time for work. Also to create my own playlists for running so I don't have to skip around finding a good song.

Audacity is a great tool. It's free, too. I think you'll need the LAME encoder for MP3 files as well, but that's all explained on the site:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Staggerwing

B-C, do you know a good one for Video files? I recorded a bunch of stuff for my kids onto DVD years ago and then later saved the files to hard drive. Most of those DVDs got lost and I can't get the saved files to play on the computer or from a USB onto the TV (which I have done successfully with other video). The shows were not encrypted stuff, just recorded off the air using a DVD recorder.

And, no Star, they were not really nooky flicks from Asian pirate satellite feeds.  ::)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Silent Disapproval Robot

Try VSDC free video editor.  Just make sure that you opt out of all the 3rd party crap they try to stuff down your throat when you first install it.

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

BanzaiCat

I've heard good things about VSDC. I use Adobe's Premiere Pro for video, though, so I do not have experience with VDSC personally.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I've only just started fiddling around with it but it seems OK so far.  I downloaded it earlier this week to edit the incredibly dull videos I shoot from my drone.

Ubercat

- Thomas Sowell

Staggerwing