Can't wait to se the benchmarks on this one ! - GeForce GTX 690

Started by MIGMaster, April 30, 2012, 07:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

That card is a monster...with a monster price! Seriously, how many gamers can afford a $1000 video card?!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

MIGMaster

Ahhh.....but to dream.....

You know the scary thing is that I remember paying $599.00 for a CANOPUS 6 MB Voodoo (1) pass-thru card when they first come out. Unfortunately, so does my wife  ;)

LongBlade

I doubt we have enough articles (or audience) to persuade them to give us one for evaluation. But keep cranking out the articles and we might come close.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

The most I ever paid for a card was $250 or something around that for 2 ATI 4890's in crossfire.   

Arctic Blast

Will it manage to be larger than the GTX 590, which was basically a pair of GTX 580 cards stuffed together in to one enormous brick?

MIGMaster

All these big parts remind me of the full length cards that came out during the 1st gen 3D card revolution. Then later on I remember when they were actually designing a variant of the Voodoo 5 (6000) card that would need it's own power brick ! Btw - I didn't mean the V5 was first generation.

Arctic Blast

The size of these things is getting a bit silly. I got a GTX 57- in my new computer last year. They sent it separately, since modern cards are heavy enough that a good shock during shipping can snap them right off, so I had to put it in. Prior to install, I snapped a couple pics for a blog post...let's see if I can find it...AHA!
http://www.peerpressureworks.com/2011/08/23/a-new-era-in-personal-nerdery/

It's basically the same length and height and about 2/3 the width as a hardcover copy of a George RR Martin book. And really, that's nothing super gigantic compared to some of the others.