2012 London Olympics Becoming a Hard Target

Started by Gusington, April 30, 2012, 10:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Nother article on the missiles:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/04/wiredcouk-london-missile/

Who wouldn't want a high velocity missile system on top of their apartment building? Useful for the Olympics and the Zombie Apocalypse.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

I'm wondering if they're interested in giving us a Letter of Marque whereby we can help patrol the Thames and surrounding shores in our cruise ship?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

The HMS Ocean will actually be stationed in the Thames!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Missiles systems on top of apartment buildings, good for shooting down terrorist and those pesky birds that getting dropping their loads on your clean car.   ;D
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

If I stop and think about it, it really is kind of sad that the Olympics have to be defended like this. But, such is the world we now live in.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Gusington on April 30, 2012, 08:20:37 PM
If I stop and think about it, it really is kind of sad that the Olympics have to be defended like this. But, such is the world we now live in.

Way to bring the mood down....

In all seriousness I agree it is a sad commentary on current affairs.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

I'm curious as to what kind of security the Olympics (in the modern era) had in the past...1896, before WWI in 1912, the 1936 games, etc...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on April 30, 2012, 09:04:37 PM
I'm curious as to what kind of security the Olympics (in the modern era) had in the past...1896, before WWI in 1912, the 1936 games, etc...

Well, we all know who provided Security Staffing for the 1936 Olympics. More specifically though, it was Reinhard Heydrich who was actually in charge.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Marty Ward

What exactly are these missle batteries suppose to defend against?
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Gusington

^'Sup Marty. Welcome. The helicopter borne snipers are training to take out pilots of smaller planes on potential suicide missions. The deployed missiles are to defend against a 9/11 style attack.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Quote from: Gusington on May 01, 2012, 09:32:40 AM
...... The deployed missiles are to defend against a 9/11 style attack.

Hope not..... nothing like an airliner fulll of jet fuel exploding and raining down flaming debris over your city.....

Gusington

Article also mentions that the missiles are 'weapons of last resort' and need to be ordered into action by the Prime Minister.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Marty Ward

Quote from: Gusington on May 01, 2012, 09:32:40 AM
^'Sup Marty. Welcome. The helicopter borne snipers are training to take out pilots of smaller planes on potential suicide missions. The deployed missiles are to defend against a 9/11 style attack.

Hi Gus. Just found the place.

Putting missle batteries on top of buildings to prevent an airplane from striking seems a bit dramatic to me.

Don't they have an air force to take out suspicious planes?
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Gusington

Good question. Perhaps the RAF will be looking for...the Luftwaffe?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd