20 Years Ago - Oklahoma Cirty Bombing

Started by OJsDad, April 19, 2015, 05:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

20 years ago today McVeigh attached the federal building in OKC, killing 168, including 15 children in the day care center located in the building.  Only six kids in the day care survived.  Some are still living with the wounds today.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/6-day-care-kids-pulled-from-oklahoma-city-bombing-rubble-share-their-stories-20-years-later/ar-AAbgkgA?ocid=HPCDHP

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

I was at Ft Irwin on an OPFOR ride-along when it happened.  In the very early internet world, it was tough to get information
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

I was working for a local computer company.  When the first reports came in, they thought it was caused by a gas leak.  By the time I went to lunch at a local eatery, it was known to have been a bomb and the true scale was known.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

LongBlade

I was waiting at home for an urgent FedEx from my company. The news hit me a bit harder than some others as I had gone to school in Oklahoma. Don't think I know anyone affected, but Oklahoma was the last place on Earth I would have guessed such a horrifying event could happen. 20 years and I still don't understand how someone could do something like that.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

Can you imagine with today's Reddit and instant mis information world how it would play out.  Politics would be demanded immediately and pundits would be screaming and whipping up their followers into a lather.  Meanwhile deniers/conspiracists/and just batshit crazy false flaggers would be all proclaiming that this was all made up to support their own agenda.

Sometimes it was easier in a pre internet world to get to the truth and not lose sight of the fact that 168 people died, 646 were injured and 19 children the youngest only 3 months were murdered.

Con

bayonetbrant

There were guys in my unit called to testify ar McVeigh's pre-trial hearings. One of them had beej his Platoon Sergeant and another was the driver on his Bradley for a year.  They didn't want to tslk about it much.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers