RIP Frank Gifford

Started by OJsDad, August 09, 2015, 02:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

NFL Hall of Famer and former Monday Night Football analyst has passed away at 84. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Just saw that.  RIP Frank.  A great Giant and a giant in broadcasting.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Now I really feel old. But then I always feel old so who cares. I remember seeing Don Meredith play but the Great Giff was before my time. I can't wait to hear how it was the abuse of his body playing football that allowed him only to live to 85. Of course he was close to death when Kathy Lee caught him with the stewardess back a few years. But we should not speak ill of the deceased so I will... :-X
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

LongBlade

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 10, 2015, 10:29:25 PM
Now I really feel old. But then I always feel old so who cares. I remember seeing Don Meredith play but the Great Giff was before my time. I can't wait to hear how it was the abuse of his body playing football that allowed him only to live to 85. Of course he was close to death when Kathy Lee caught him with the stewardess back a few years. But we should not speak ill of the deceased so I will... :-X

I'm not so sure you're speaking too much ill of a guy who, at 85, managed to bang a stewardess. But what do I know?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.