Greeting from a Dead Community!

Started by Echoblammo, September 21, 2015, 02:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echoblammo

Hello Everyone!

I am coming from a rather dead and inactive community, The Wargamer forums, and have been told this place is a much more active place!

So I am interested in all types of Games, from Pencil and paper space combat, to the greatest Video game of all time (No Argument) Battlezone.

I hope I will enjoy my stay and am looking forward to meeting everyone out here!
~ECHO

Oh wait not that kind of Signiature

mirth

Welcome! There are lots of refugees from WG here. Hope you like the place as much as the rest of us do.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Welcome!  Hope you find it a bit more to your liking here :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

agrippamaxentius

Welcome aboard! It's a shame the wargamer community is so dead, but there's usually always something going on here. Fair warning, we're not all what you would call "Sane"  :uglystupid2:.
https://www.youtube.com/user/AgrippaMaxentius For Scourge of War, Combat Mission, Ultimate General Gettysburg and countless others.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: agrippamaxentius on September 21, 2015, 09:18:56 PMFair warning, we're not all what you would call "Sane"  :uglystupid2:.

I'm not sure any of us are.  Maybe Mrs Darwin.  Maybe.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

agrippamaxentius

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 21, 2015, 09:25:42 PM
Quote from: agrippamaxentius on September 21, 2015, 09:18:56 PMFair warning, we're not all what you would call "Sane"  :uglystupid2:.

I'm not sure any of us are.  Maybe Mrs Darwin.  Maybe.
Bah, sanity is overrated. TO WAR!!!
https://www.youtube.com/user/AgrippaMaxentius For Scourge of War, Combat Mission, Ultimate General Gettysburg and countless others.

Echoblammo

~ECHO

Oh wait not that kind of Signiature

Martok

Quote from: Echoblammo on September 22, 2015, 06:31:25 AM
I like this place already.

LOL.  Welcome to Grogheads, Echoblammo!  Glad you could join us.  8) 

Quote from: agrippamaxentius on September 21, 2015, 09:18:56 PM
Welcome aboard! It's a shame the wargamer community is so dead, but there's usually always something going on here. Fair warning, we're not all what you would call "Sane"  :uglystupid2:.
The only reason you're still somewhat "normal" is that you haven't been here long enough...yet.  >:D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Echoblammo on September 22, 2015, 06:31:25 AM
I like this place already.

Oh, he says that NOW...

PREPARE THE RITUAL!

Errr...

PREPARE THE...CAKE!

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MIGMaster

Did anybody tell him about giving us his VISA number and PIN  >:D

Just kidding Amigo - welcome aboard !

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus