Main Menu

Hi All

Started by Wes, September 25, 2015, 10:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes

Bit late at this but never was any good at intros :)

You know the story...long term gamer. Have played and loved wargames since I was kid. Glad to find an active community. And I checked my sanity at the door...just seemed like the right thing to do.

Now it's coffee time and let the counter punching begin.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Current List Of Stuff Heading To The Table:

W1815
CoH:AtB
Storm Over Normandy
Tactics & Strategy #40 (The Polish zine that just launched an English language edition)
What Price Glory?
Circle of Fire: The Siege of Cholm, 1942
Green Beret: Vietnam (Solitaire)
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

MetalDog

Welcome, Wes!  Nice to have you with us.  Good thing you checked that sanity.  You won't be needing it :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Welcome to the madhouse, Wes.  :D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Wes

Wouldn't want it any other way :)

I'll lurk and short post until I have a chance to catch up...then everything is fair game I suppose :D
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Wes on September 25, 2015, 10:15:56 PMAnd I checked my sanity at the door...just seemed like the right thing to do.
It certainly helps!

Quote from: Wes on September 25, 2015, 10:15:56 PM
W1815
Cyrano is all over this one :)

Tactics & Strategy #40 (The Polish zine that just launched an English language edition)
I'm very, very curious to hear your opinions on this one.  I'm going to open a thread for it in the Wargaming area for folks to discuss

What Price Glory?
We've got some WWI aficionados around here, but a lot of the larger-scale West Front games all start to look alike after a while.  I'd be very curious to hear what you think.

Circle of Fire: The Siege of Cholm, 1942
This was one of the games we featured at the first GrogHeads Central Command at Origins.  Panzerde was the guy running the events.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

Welcome Wes to the Grogs where Counter-Punchers are always welcome though Punch-Counters are not. Usually it's because counting sometimes confuses us.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Wes

(Waves to all)

Glad to be here. Have done CSW for awhile and when you want an answer from a designer it's great, but conversation is hard to track. I'm still a fan of forums and blogs. So it already feels like home. :)
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Wes on September 26, 2015, 02:43:32 PM
(Waves to all)

Glad to be here. Have done CSW for awhile and when you want an answer from a designer it's great, but conversation is hard to track. I'm still a fan of forums and blogs. So it already feels like home. :)

CSW is like the Internet as designed by Satan. It makes BGG look like an efficient website.  :o

Welcome aboard, though!  ;D

Wes

Thanks AB...don't get me wrong...CSW plays a very important role...I have talked to so many designers there when I have had issues with a design and been able to get an answer straight from the horses mouth. It just isn't conversation friendly. And that's ok :)
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.