Disco Queen Donna Summer Passes

Started by Steelgrave, May 17, 2012, 12:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

Damn, I downloaded her "Bad Girls" to my IPhone just yesterday.....

http://todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/17/11745326-donna-summer-dead-at-63?lite

I thought disco was stupid even when I was 20 and it was huge, but I always loved Donna Summer. Unlike so many who make it big in the music industry and die tragic deaths, she died of natural causes at 63. RIP

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

son_of_montfort

Apparently, like MCA, she had battled with Cancer for some time (although he was 20 years younger). I always wondered how she felt about a lot of her songs being used in things like Wendy's commercials (Hot Stuff was a particularly used one). She was the Queen of a genre of music. RIP.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

Never liked disco but Donna Summer was hot. RIP.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Quote from: Gusington on May 17, 2012, 01:01:47 PM
Never liked disco but Donna Summer was hot. RIP.

Amen.

She was on the cover of the very 1st Penthouse that I bought.  I was disappointed that there was just a written article about her.

Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

^HAHAHA isn't that always the way?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd