GenCon 2016

Started by airboy, December 03, 2015, 10:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I am seriously thinking about going to Gencon 2016.  Does anyone else here plan to attend?

airboy

Quote from: airboy on December 03, 2015, 10:10:18 PM
I am seriously thinking about going to Gencon 2016.  Does anyone else here plan to attend?

I bought tickets today.

Martok

Hope you have a fantastic time, airboy

Financial difficulties aside (I'm still trying to make it work so I can attend Origins this year), it would be difficult for me to make it to GenCon since it's usually around Syttende Mai weekend, and I always attend the festivities in my mom's hometown. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

Usually you get PanzerDE and Cyrano at GenCon, along with random others. A bunch of us hit Origins because we run wargames events there
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Hopefully I can have a beer with some of the regulars.

airboy

Anybody else registered for GenCon yet?

bayonetbrant

I will not be there - my summer and my limited funds are already committed elsewhere :(
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Decided to cancel my hotel reservation and badge.  I was out of the country during event registration and could not sign up for what I wanted.

Instead, I'm going to both Southern Fried Game Expo this weekend in Atlanta and Liberty Con in Chattanooga, Tennessee in July.

bbmike

We should sticky a list of who at Grogheads is going to what events so we can try to meet up.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak