Main Menu

Forum Posting Issue

Started by Rayfer, October 07, 2016, 07:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

This is a minor issue but worth asking. I have no problem posting in the forums but, oddly, none of the buttons above where I write work. I can't make things bold or in italics, I cant use the funny emoticons (or whatever they are called), or any of the other options. None of them work.  Is it a setting of some sort that I need to change?  Thanks, Ray

Barthheart

Are you using Win 10's Edge browser? I'm having the exact same problem with Edge...  :P

JasonPratt

I have a habit of typing my BBCode tags, but I just checked and no problems for me. Using TenFourFox 45.4.0 (on an old G5 PPC Mac); but I also use Win 8.1 here on other machines.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

There's an update to the forum software that I'm looking into and might be relevant. Generally we wait a few weeks after initial release to make sure it's stable before we apply it.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

Quote from: Barthheart on October 07, 2016, 07:17:48 AM
Are you using Win 10's Edge browser? I'm having the exact same problem with Edge...  :P

Same.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 07, 2016, 07:23:41 AM
There's an update to the forum software that I'm looking into and might be relevant. Generally we wait a few weeks after initial release to make sure it's stable before we apply it.

Coward :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Rayfer

Yes, and so is bob48 as he posted. Maybe this is the problem?

Barthheart

Quote from: Rayfer on October 07, 2016, 07:57:50 AM

Yes, and so is bob48 as he posted. Maybe this is the problem?

I have no doubt it's MS's fault... :P

bob48

I'm pretty sure we have this conversation before somewhere. If you also have IE11 installed, and log on here using that, then it all works fine. It is an issue with Edge.

'Clip those corners'

bayonetbrant

Try it now guys.

You may need to log out / back in
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

'Clip those corners'

OJsDad

Nope, still not working for me.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on October 13, 2016, 11:52:50 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on October 13, 2016, 06:54:03 AM

Try restarting your computer.

Really?!? "Turn it off and on again." is the best you got? You must work in IT.  ;D

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on October 13, 2016, 12:07:49 PM
Quote from: mirth on October 13, 2016, 11:52:50 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on October 13, 2016, 06:54:03 AM

Try restarting your computer.

Really?!? "Turn it off and on again." is the best you got? You must work in IT.  ;D

I could have told him to try clearing his cache :P