Main Menu

Amazon Echo

Started by airboy, October 15, 2016, 09:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Anybody have an Echo?  Amazon Music has a punk rock channel that is pretty good.  We cannot pick up XM at the house because we live in a forest.

Would like some feedback if anyone has one of these.

Grim.Reaper

I have been close to buying, just not sure how much value I can really get out of it...my phone does a lot and it travels with me:)

Staggerwing

I have one. The voice recognition is pretty good and you can call up all your pandora stations as well a just about a bazillion different radio stations' internet feeds from Tune-In. The sound is above average for something it's size but if you want awesome sound I'd get the Dot instead (saves a few bucks) and run it through some primo stereo equipment. There is also a ton of Smart Home stuff out there that works with the Echo/Dot/Tap but I have yet to get into that aspect.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys