Active Shooters on Ohio State Campus

Started by bayonetbrant, November 28, 2016, 11:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Cops apparently got 1 of them, but 8 other people in hospital

https://dps.osu.edu/campus-status
Quote11:14 a.m.
Law enforcement will continue to have a visible presence on campus. ALL academic classes on the Columbus campus have been cancelled for the remainder of Monday, November 28, 2016. Campus remains open but the following buildings will be closed until further notice:

CBEC
Nineteenth Ave, 140 W (Old Koffolt)
MacQuigg
Watts
Fontana
Smith
McPherson
Celeste
Newman Wolfrom Lab
Evans
Arps Garage ( can leave via 18th Ave. exit, but cannot enter).
Arps Hall
Ramseyer
East Regional Chilled Water
11:10am:
Buckeye alert: Continue to shelter in place, avoid area of college: emergency.osu.edu (link is external).

10:02 a.m.
Buckeye Alert: Continue to shelter in place. Avoid area of College. More information to follow.
9:56 a.m.
Buckeye Alert: Active Shooter on campus. Run Hide Fight. Watts Hall. 19th and College.
9:55 a.m.
Buckeye Alert! Emergency on Columbus campus: More info soon. Shelter in place / be observant / take action as needed. Public Safety responding.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/11/28/active-shooter-reported-at-osu-campus/
QuoteCOLUMBUS (WCMH) — Police confirm the suspect involved in an active shooter situation on the campus of The Ohio State University is now dead. Nine victims are currently being treated.

Columbus fire officials tell NBC4 eight people were transported to local hospitals. Seven of those victims are in stable condition and one victim is in critical condition. A ninth victim is being treated on scene and may or may not be transported to the hospital.

All classes for the rest of the day at Ohio State have been canceled.

An alert was issued for an active shooter on Ohio State University's Campus, Monday morning. Ohio State University Police sent the alert at about 9:56am.

The alert said, "Buckeye Alert: Active Shooter on campus. Run Hide Fight. Watts Hall. 19th and College."

A following alert told students to "continue to shelter in place. Wait for Police officers directions. Please contact Police / 9-1-1 only if you have information."

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

the idiots are already out on Twitter, too

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Ohio%20State%20University%22&src=tren&data_id=tweet%3A803267403148689408

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 28, 2016, 11:30:38 AM

...9:56 a.m.
Buckeye Alert: Active Shooter on campus. Run Hide Fight. Watts Hall. 19th and College.

The part I bolded here seems to be a very odd thing for the cops to put in an alert....

Hope everyone recovers and there was only one crazy person.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on November 28, 2016, 11:37:00 AMHope everyone recovers and there was only one crazy person.

initial reports were 2 of them

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 28, 2016, 11:39:29 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 28, 2016, 11:37:00 AMHope everyone recovers and there was only one crazy person.

initial reports were 2 of them

I was hoping there was only one...

bayonetbrant

updated - looks like it was just 1, and it was a knife/car attack.

The gunshots people heard were cops

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/28/us/ohio-state-university-active-shooter/index.html

Quote(CNN)[Breaking news update at 12:35 p.m. ET]

Ten people were hospitalized after an attack Monday at Ohio State University, Columbus Fire spokeswoman Rebecca Diehm said. Nine are in stable condition, and one is in critical condition, she said.
The university released a statement after the attack.
"A suspect has been shot and reported deceased," the university said. "Victim injuries include stab wounds, injury by motor vehicle and other injuries that are being evaluated."
A knife-wielding man attacked several people at Ohio State University on Monday, sending eight people to hospitals and prompting a campus-wide lockdown, authorities said.
The suspect is dead, and authorities on the ground believe the threat is contained, said a law enforcement official briefed on the latest information.
The eight people hospitalized have non-life-threatening injuries, according to officials at three local hospitals.
OSU Emergency Management lifted a shelter-in-place order late Monday morning.

A knife-wielding man attacked several people at Ohio State University on Monday, sending eight people to hospitals and prompting a campus-wide lockdown, authorities said.
The suspect is dead, and authorities on the ground believe the threat is contained, said a law enforcement official briefed on the latest information.
The eight people hospitalized have non-life-threatening injuries, according to officials at three local hospitals.
OSU Emergency Management lifted a shelter-in-place order late Monday morning.
"Scene is now secure," the department tweeted. But classes are canceled for the rest of the day.
As the chaos unfolded, university officials reported an active shooter incident at Watts Hall.
It's possible the gunshots heard were those of police trying to stop the attacker, a federal law enforcement official said.
Investigators believe the assailant also used a car at the beginning of the attack, and the entire attack happened outside.
OSU student Jacob Bower, 20, said he saw a man pull a knife outside between the Koffolt Laboratories and Watts Hall.
"He pulled a large knife and started chasing people around, trying to attack them," Bower told CNN. He said it appeared to be a large kitchen knife.
"Luckily there were so many people, he couldn't focus on one target. I didn't see anyone get stabbed, but I saw the police officer take down the stabber. He waited till everyone was clear, and the stabber clearly wasn't stopping. (It) took three shots to take him down. (The) stabber had a crazy look in his eyes."
When asked if the suspect yelled or said anything during the attack, Bower told CNN: "He was completely silent. Which was very creepy. Not even when he was shot (by police)."
"The cop that subdued the guy with the knife saved so many lives today."
The motive for the attack was not immediately known.

'Run Hide Fight,' university says
Earlier, campus officials urged people to shelter in place.
"Buckeye Alert: Active Shooter on campus. Run Hide Fight. Watts Hall. 19th and College," OSU Emergency Management tweeted Monday morning.
Watts Hall is the university's materials science and engineering building.
OSU senior Anthony Falzarano, 22, said he was in class at the time.
"We heard a lot of sirens. I was in class and everyone got a text message at the same time for the emergency alert," he told CNN during the lockdown. "Someone said they heard popping right before we got the alert, but I didn't hear it. We are in a shelter-in-place right now in the building next door. "

"The officers are putting on Kevlar vests and have big weapons," he said. "I can't see anyone going inside the building -- there's just so many cops here."
Some students piled chairs against a door to barricade themselves.

Ohio State University's main campus in Columbus is one of the largest in the United States. The university has more than 65,000 students enrolled across the state.
Students had just returned to class Monday after the Thanksgiving break -- and after the OSU football team's big win Saturday over the school's biggest rival, University of Michigan.
Michigan's athletic department tweeted its support for OSU, saying "Stay safe, Buckeyes."

Students are getting ready for final exams, which begin on December 9.
The incident also comes during the first month of the OSU public safety director's job. Monica Moll came to the helm on October 31.

OJsDad

Quote from: Barthheart on November 28, 2016, 11:37:00 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 28, 2016, 11:30:38 AM

...9:56 a.m.

The part I bolded here seems to be a very odd thing for the cops to put in an alert....

Hope everyone recovers and there was only one crazy person.

In the past, it was taught to simple try to hide and barricade yourself and wait for help.  Today, it's taught to get away if you can and if you cannot, then to hide, but not to just wait for law enforcement, but to be ready to fight back.  Use anything you can as a weapon, books, chairs, etc.  This is being taught in all levels of school. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

steve58

>:(  :(
An 18-year-old Somali man was behind an attack involving a car and butcher knife on the campus of Ohio State University Monday that left nine people injured, law enforcement sources told Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/28/developing-active-shooter-alert-at-ohio-state.html

...hopefully he will be the only fatality.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

Quote from: steve58 on November 28, 2016, 03:58:11 PM...hopefully he will be the only fatality.

one of the advantages (if you will) of something happening on the Ohio St campus is that the hospital is, literally, seconds away, b/c OSU Medical School runs a giant-ass monster hospital right on campus that dominates the south side of the school, right next to the stadium.

OJsDad

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 28, 2016, 06:03:34 PM

He looks like he's not old enough to drink.  Not that that matters.

Well done!   :bd:
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

JasonPratt

From his interview with the school paper back on August 25th.

Quote"I wanted to pray in the open, but I was scared with everything going on in the media. I'm a Muslim, it's not what the media portrays me to be. If people look at me, a Muslim praying, I don't know what they're going to think, what's going to happen. But, I don't blame them. It's the media that put that picture in their heads so they're just going to have it and it, it's going to make them feel uncomfortable. I was kind of scared right now. But I just did it. I relied on God. I went over to the corner and just prayed."

Three months later, he's knifing people and trying to run them over. Obviously, this should be blamed on the media: they didn't portray him the right way.  ::)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Silent Disapproval Robot

And the SJW heroes are implying it was racist for the cop to shoot this scum because, you know, black guy, white cop, and Fergusson was a good time or something.