Having trouble viewing the forum with Windows 10

Started by Greybriar, December 17, 2016, 10:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

Since I have been using my new Windows 10 PC, I have been having problems with internet forums. My experience varies from site to site, but it seems this forum is the one of the worst. On all the sites I've visited, clicking the mouse usually causes the browser to go back one page. The least amount of problems result when I use the Tab and Arrow Keys to select something and then the Enter Key to activate it.

On this forum, most of the time when I click on a topic I am taken to an entirely different topic in the same forum. >:( I have managed to post to the Hearts of Iron IV thread in the PC gaming forum but afterward I could not locate my post. What's up with that?!

I have Windows 10 set to Desktop Mode. I have Googled about the problem and have found no solution yet.

Is anyone else having this or a similar problem with Windows 10? Does anyone know what to do about it?

Edit: I failed to mention I am using Firefox.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Pete Dero

What is the browser you are using ? Is it Edge that comes with Windows 10.

Maybe try switching to Firefox.    (You can install next to your present browser)

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Also check your mouse properties that you didn't select the back option to one of your buttons :

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

I use Edge and it works just fine here and elsewhere.... now that Brant fixed the smilies.  :bd:

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Greybriar

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 17, 2016, 11:17:58 AM
....Also check your mouse properties that you didn't select the back option to one of your buttons :

We have a winner! Thanks Pete. :notworthy:

My mouse was working otherwise, so I didn't think to check the Control Panel. When I did and didn't see my mouse listed, I had it check for more devices and it didn't find my mouse. I turned off my PC and plugged my mouse into a different USB port, then booted up and...it worked!!

Life is good again. :)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

OJsDad

Quote from: Barthheart on December 17, 2016, 12:11:47 PM
I use Edge and it works just fine here and elsewhere.... now that Brant fixed the smilies.  :bd:

+1
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

I suppose it's possible they have improved Edge a little. I wish you guys the best of luck with it but I'll never use it again.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak