Downloaded software can be resold just like software on physical media can in EU

Started by Greybriar, July 03, 2012, 07:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

The Court of Justice of the European Union has that software licences can be sold on a second-hand basis, even when the software in question is downloaded rather than sold on physical media.

Link

Now for the rest of the world to follow suit.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

Outstanding news!  Thanks for bringing it to our attention Greybriar

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

Interesting. Seems to me like this would be a lot easier to implement for any system using a client, since they could be 100% sure that any game re-sold has been completely removed from the hands of Person 1 and given to Person 2.

In fact, I could see following this resulting in more client systems, and more online checks built in to games, as companies try to ensure that only one person has the game at all times.