'Retail Apocalypse' Hits Grocery Chains

Started by mirth, March 22, 2018, 07:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

I've looked at grocery prices on Amazon, and have found very little that I can get as cheap or cheaper than local grocery stores.  Amazon prices are usually higher. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Amazon cut prices on a number of basic food items when it took over Whole Foods. Saved me a few bucks each week.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Do you order it shipped or go to Whole Foods itself? Amazon killed off 'Amazon Fresh' deliveries in my area last year and the nearest WF is about 40 min away.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

Doesnt look like all is good in Amazon/Whole Foods.

Ive never been to at WF., closest is hour away.

On the article you post, the two companies were in trouble before Amazon bought Whole Foods.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Don't know how it is elsewhere, but the produce section at the local Wal-mart is terrible.

OJsDad

Quote from: mirth on March 25, 2018, 08:53:43 PM
Don't know how it is elsewhere, but the produce section at the local Wal-mart is terrible.

The one's here aren't great either.  If you want good produce we go to Meijers, Krogers, or Aldi's.