Author Topic: "ISIS-inspired" attack in French supermarket  (Read 1244 times)

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
"ISIS-inspired" attack in French supermarket
« on: March 23, 2018, 05:40:49 AM »
Developing situation

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/europe/france-trebes-intl/index.html

Police in the southern French town of Trčbes are responding to an "ISIS-inspired" incident at a supermarket, according to CNN affiliate BFM TV, citing a local prosecutor.

The incident is unfolding at Super U, BFM reports.

Both BFMTV and the AFP news agency are referring to the incident as a "hostage-taking," although the regional government in the Aude prefecture was not able to confirm reports that hostages had been taken.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline Labbug

• Viking
Re: "ISIS-inspired" attack in French supermarket
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 07:09:58 AM »
Two killed and at least 12 injured so far.  He is demanding the release of the remaining 2015 Paris theatre, stadium, and cafe attacker.

Offline bayonetbrant

• Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 07:14:07 AM »
The French won't fuck around tho.  They might release his body but he's not going to taste free air again.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 07:55:47 AM »
I was just going to type something similar.

Anyway, fuck this guy.
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline bayonetbrant

• Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 09:03:36 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/europe/france-trebes-intl/index.html

French police have stormed a supermarket in southern France after a hostage situation left two people dead, reportedly killing the attacker in the raid.

Officers moved to end the incident on Friday afternoon after a standoff in the town of Trebes that lasted about three hours. French media said he was killed by police.
The incident unfolded late Friday morning at a Super U supermarket, where the attacker opened fire. Initial reports suggested several people were taken hostage.

it was never going to end well for the hostage-taker

Offline DoctorQuest

• Condottieri
  • I'm not a real doctor.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 09:08:14 AM »
Nice work by the police. Glad no one else was hurt.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.