"ISIS-inspired" attack in French supermarket

Started by bayonetbrant, March 23, 2018, 06:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Developing situation

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/europe/france-trebes-intl/index.html

QuotePolice in the southern French town of Trèbes are responding to an "ISIS-inspired" incident at a supermarket, according to CNN affiliate BFM TV, citing a local prosecutor.

The incident is unfolding at Super U, BFM reports.

Both BFMTV and the AFP news agency are referring to the incident as a "hostage-taking," although the regional government in the Aude prefecture was not able to confirm reports that hostages had been taken.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Labbug

Two killed and at least 12 injured so far.  He is demanding the release of the remaining 2015 Paris theatre, stadium, and cafe attacker.

bayonetbrant

The French won't fuck around tho.  They might release his body but he's not going to taste free air again.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

I was just going to type something similar.

Anyway, fuck this guy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/europe/france-trebes-intl/index.html

QuoteFrench police have stormed a supermarket in southern France after a hostage situation left two people dead, reportedly killing the attacker in the raid.

Officers moved to end the incident on Friday afternoon after a standoff in the town of Trebes that lasted about three hours. French media said he was killed by police.
The incident unfolded late Friday morning at a Super U supermarket, where the attacker opened fire. Initial reports suggested several people were taken hostage.

it was never going to end well for the hostage-taker

DoctorQuest

Nice work by the police. Glad no one else was hurt.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.