Author Topic: Perseverance - Nerd Superbowl is On! Gametime 3:30 pm EST  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Silent Disapproval Robot

• Crossbowman
Re: Perseverance - Nerd Superbowl is On! Gametime 3:30 pm EST
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2021, 04:23:50 PM »

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
  • Honus Wagner - "The Flying Dutchman"
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2021, 04:27:24 PM »
Frickin incredible.  Finally a plus for 2021.   O0

Suddenly feeling an urge to run off and fire up Kerbal Space Program to try (:2funny:) to duplicate a skycrane rover mission.

+1  I vote we officially started 2021 yesterday.
Honus Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Offline -budd-

• Condottieri
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2021, 05:22:30 PM »
It's pretty amazing, can't wait for the high def video and pictures on Monday.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2021, 06:03:04 PM »
I think I can see the face of Jar Jar Binks in the rock formations in front of the Rover. It-sa NOT pretty.  ;D  Seriously, great time to be alive and watching. Imagine what the old Explorers/Astronauts would think of what we've done.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2021, 09:01:00 AM »
"Ingenuity" the drone helicopter is the part I am most stoked about.  Ingenuity has checked in as 'good to go'.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/news/mars-helicopter-ingenuity-first-status-update/
Honus Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2021, 10:43:11 AM »
I can’t remember which astronaut I saw on the news but he was also nerdgasming at the drone helicopter a few days ago.

LOL at the pic above, SDR. Epic!
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
Ingenuity (Mars helicopter) deployed to surface
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2021, 12:39:15 PM »
"Ingenuity" the drone helicopter is the part I am most stoked about.  Ingenuity has checked in as 'good to go'.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/news/mars-helicopter-ingenuity-first-status-update/

I'm also very interested in Ingenuity.  It has been deployed to the Mars surface and has made it through it's first Martian night.

First flight will be no earlier than April 11.   :bd:

https://www.cnet.com/news/see-the-first-mars-color-photo-snapped-by-nasas-ingenuity-helicopter/

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/world/mars-helicopter-ingenuity-nasa-rotorcraft-scn-trnd/index.html
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 01:04:09 PM by steve58 »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2021, 01:34:19 PM »
Wow, -130 degrees F during the Martian night!
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
Honus Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
Re: Mars helicopter - 1st flight postponed again
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2021, 07:48:49 AM »
1st flight postponed again, due to a software glitch.

Now, the Ingenuity team has said a solution to the problem has been found, but it means they have to reinstall the little helicopter's flight software.

This means the test flight date must be pushed back again by an unknown number of days. NASA is aiming to set a new date next week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/nasas-mars-ingenuity-helicopter-first-flight-postponed-indefinitely/ar-BB1fBznA

Offline solops

• Man-at-Arms
  • Woof!
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2021, 09:16:49 AM »
Glitch. Yeah. Right. They don't have the balls to admit that they cannot get flight plan approval from Mars Air Control for an unlicensed, rickety foreign drone.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 10:40:32 AM by solops »
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2021, 10:47:32 AM »
Looks like Perseverance and Ingenuity may get has some company in a few daysChina Mars Rover to Land Between Saturday and Wednesday  China now says Mars Rover has Landed
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 08:38:41 AM by steve58 »