Started by Centurion40, February 10, 2012, 09:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

Quote from: Centurion40 on February 13, 2012, 03:17:07 PM
How about flaming commies?

Now we're talking'!

The burning kind I mean. Not pink tutus. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

son_of_montfort

"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Jarhead0331

Quote from: son_of_montfort on February 13, 2012, 05:16:42 PM
Flaming commies? Is that like Stalin in drag?

I think its just another name for a Molotov Cocktail.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Epee1

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 13, 2012, 05:20:17 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on February 13, 2012, 05:16:42 PM
Flaming commies? Is that like Stalin in drag?

I think its just another name for a Molotov Cocktail.

That works as long as the commies are flaming.

Staggerwing

Quote from: son_of_montfort on February 12, 2012, 11:19:24 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 12, 2012, 08:18:34 PM
I don't believe there is anything anti-semitic about the use of the SS symbol by the scout snipers.  That, however, does not make it right.  They need to be educated and hopefully then, they will be able to use better judgment.

You actually make a very good point here. People tend to see any symbol that is similar to one used by the Nazis or their military and say "Anti-Semitic," although that might not be the intent of the people using the symbol. Be it KISS or the Scout Snipers, the use of the sig runes doesn't have to equate to being against Jews (any more than playing the Axis powers in a wargame).

But yes, education is probably the best course of action.

Actually, the SS form of the Sigil (or Sowilo as it was known in the Elder Futhark) is a racist and Nationalist symbol.
The oldest form of the original rune actually looks like a 'W' turned onto it's left side.The set of two diagonal bars touching
with little or no crossbar was the invention of 19th century Antisemitic mystics who were advocating for German nationalism
and racial purity. Changing the name of the rune from 'Sigil' (sun) to 'Sig' (triumph/victory) was also their idea.
One of the most prominent of them was Guido Von List who re-imagined the Younger Futhark (or Futhork) into what he called the
'Armanen Futharkh' and he included a number of 19th century occult meanings to the various runes. His ideas were picked up by
a Nazi mystic who mentored Himmler himself.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

0kult13

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 10, 2012, 09:32:24 PM

Okult13 over at wargamer has actually made that photograph his signature...the guy is a total Nazi.

Nice, and no i am not (i should report you to a mod lol). i liked the contradiction of the goodies with a baddy symbol.   

Jarhead0331

Quote from: 0kult13 on February 15, 2012, 09:53:15 AM

Nice, and no i am not (i should report you to a mod lol). i liked the contradiction of the goodies with a baddy symbol.

Glad to hear it.  Use better judgment from now on in your choice of signature photos to avoid any misunderstandings.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

0kult13

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 15, 2012, 02:47:52 PM
Quote from: 0kult13 on February 15, 2012, 09:53:15 AM

Glad to hear it.  Use better judgment from now on in your choice of signature photos to avoid any misunderstandings.

"I recognise my failing and will be sure to correct it," var - prosporo burns