Author Topic: UBER low tech question  (Read 557 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline acctingman

  • Man-at-Arms
  • *****
  • Posts: 1123
UBER low tech question
« on: August 24, 2020, 10:13:11 PM »
I bought a new HP Omen PC. It has 1 HDMI input and 3 "others". These are DP ports, correct? I have a second monitor I want to hook up to the PC but it's DVI only. Any idea what sort of cable I need? I honestly have no idea. I'm that bad at PC tech

Offline Pete Dero

  • Condottieri
  • ******
  • Posts: 3303
Re: UBER low tech question
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 02:19:28 AM »
They do look like Displayport to me (should be better than HDMI for connecting most monitors

I think all you need is a Displayport to DVI cable like this :

DVI is older technology and most cables support resolutions only up to 1920x1080p.

A HDMI to DVI cable to connect the second monitor is an alternative.