display of my computer going into the green

Started by Anguille, August 26, 2020, 03:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Hi guys,

I am a little lost. Yesterday, all of a sudden while i was playing a game, my screen is going into the green. Everything is greenish. Have tried many things but haven't been able to solve it. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Gusington

You mean literally turning green? Is there some kind of weird magnet or interference near it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on August 26, 2020, 03:21:13 PM
You mean literally turning green? Is there some kind of weird magnet or interference near it?
It's greenish...i can use it though. Nothing nearby. Sucks if it means the screen is broken as it is my main gaming computer.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Any chance the cable used to connect the monitor to the computer?  Do you have another cable you could test?  Any recent video driver updates?  If so, maybe try rolling back to previous version?

Anguille

It's a laptop. I wanted to roll back but the option was greyed out. I think the display needs to be replaced :(

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Anguille on August 26, 2020, 03:45:22 PM
It's a laptop. I wanted to roll back but the option was greyed out. I think the display needs to be replaced :(

Maybe...but even if rollback option greyed out, couldn't you search for the previous video driver version and just install it?  Might be worth a shot before scraping the laptop.  What do yo have to lose:)

Anguille

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 26, 2020, 03:47:04 PM
Quote from: Anguille on August 26, 2020, 03:45:22 PM

Maybe...but even if rollback option greyed out, couldn't you search for the previous video driver version and just install it?  Might be worth a shot before scraping the laptop.  What do yo have to lose:)
Thanks for the suggestion. But I think it's the screen because everything looks fine when i connect it to an external monitor....

Gusington

Would it be worth it to replace a laptop monitor?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on August 27, 2020, 08:19:35 AM
Would it be worth it to replace a laptop monitor?
Probably not but i will most likely try to have it repaired. It's just that the Acer repair center is one hour away from where i live....not much by US standarts but much for Swiss standarts ;)

Gusington

My desktop monitor is an Acer - I've been using their monitors for 10+ years. Never had an issue. Bad luck for you, sorry!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on August 27, 2020, 08:41:36 AM
My desktop monitor is an Acer - I've been using their monitors for 10+ years. Never had an issue. Bad luck for you, sorry!
Indeed...i am overall very satisfied and have actually only Acer products at home (including my phone). I've used the Acer repair center in the past and they have always done a great job. It's just that i didn't need this problem right now...well.

Gusington

Yeah of course, it sucks no matter what. Would it fall under warranty or is it too old?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd