Main Menu

oculus quest 2

Started by CptHowdy, October 04, 2020, 07:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Impulse being the key word.

I should have done a little more research. It seems that very few Oculus titles are "Cross-buy" meaning if you bought them for another headset, they will be available in your library on a new headset. I was shocked to discover this. I just assumed that titles in my library would be there on the new device without having to buy them again. Not so. I'm hoping that when I get the link cord to connect the Quest 2 to my PC that my steam VR games will be playable.

In addition, I already ran into a Facebook issue. So, in my haste to set up the headset, I accidentally linked my facebook account to the wrong oculus account. Of course, this seems to be irreversible. God forbid they create an unlink feature. After spending about 45 minutes online with customer support, I was told there is nothing they could do. So, after literally telling them to kiss my ass, I ran a factory reset on the device, afterall, I had only just set it up, and then just linked the right account to another facebook profile I have. This is how I found out the hard way that most of my games are not "cross-buy" because after going through that hassle, still none of them were there...and yes, you read that right. In order to "logout" of my account on the device, I had wipe it out with a factory reset! Crazy!

...and that's not all. Something else to piss people off? You've got to pair the headset with a mobile device. Yep. You need to download the Oulus app onto a mobile device and pair it with the headset just to use the headset. R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D!

Oh well, it is pretty cool being able to move around from room to room. But this was really a totally unnecessary $400 purchase for me. First world problems I guess.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

https://uploadvr.com/delete-facebook-lose-oculus-purchases

If you've linked your Oculus account to Facebook and decide you want to delete your Facebook account, your purchases on Oculus will be lost as well.

Jarhead0331

Seems like they are really going out of their way to piss people off. I'm certain these ill-conceived policies are pushing people toward competitors, which is unfortunate because it really is a great headset for the value. I'm really enjoying it.

I did get the link and can access all my rift and steamvr games, so that's a plus. Also discovered something called side quest, which is an app that lets you install a whole boatload of games and apps that are not available in the oculus store. Pretty cool stuff.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18