Shootings in Vienna, Austria

Started by Labbug, November 02, 2020, 09:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Wow.  WTF? 

Vienna is a beautiful city and what have the Austrians done in the last half century to merit a terror attack?  Did someone try to buy the Lipizzaner Stallions and was rejected? 

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: airboy on November 02, 2020, 10:17:07 PM
Wow.  WTF? 

Vienna is a beautiful city and what have the Austrians done in the last half century to merit a terror attack?   

I think they have mostly followed EU migration policy.  At least until recently when a conservative Austrian government attempted to impose tighter migration controls.  Not sure if their bosses in the EU allowed much tighter controls.  If I recall the EU threatens member states with various punishments if the states don't accept a certain number of migrants etc.  It must be very frustrating for leaders who have to make choices between the life and welfare of their countrymen and EU rules with EU awards / punishments. 

I wonder how much EU migration policy contributed to Brexit and how it may, in the future, contribute to other exits. 

Ubercat

I'm sure it contributed a great deal.

Sweden, with the most liberal "refugee" policy, is now reaping what it sowed. Crime has soared including murders and migrant gang warfare. The last figure I saw is that 58% of crime there is now committed by migrants.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Boggit

Introduce mass immigration with a "conservative" alien culture without any acclimatisation or integration to the native Austrian one, which in many ways has a very different value set. What could possibly go wrong? ::)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat