Turkmenistan's ruler unveils 50ft golden statue of his favourite dog breed

Started by fran, November 15, 2020, 12:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

solops

Yeah! Now THAT"S what I'm talkin' about! Disappointed it was of a dog, though. I would have preferred an armadillo.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

airboy

Best new public art I've seen in a long time in any city!

Good for him!   :smitten:

Gusington

When I become leader of Turkmenistan my dog statue will be 75 feet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Large golden statues of dogs is very important in the development of any country. Just ask Pomerania.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Sir Slash

Retrievers were used by the old U.S.S.R. when people tried to leave the country. "You leave, we send Red Retriever to bring you back".  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I knew that.... Um, sort of.  ::)  I saw Molly Hatchet back in the 80's. I can't remember a damned thing that happened there.... Best Rock Concert I've ever been to.  <:-)

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 20, 2020, 11:06:13 PM
I knew that.... Um, sort of.  ::)  I saw Molly Hatchet back in the 80's. I can't remember a damned thing that happened there.... Best Rock Concert I've ever been to.  <:-)

I saw Molly Hatchet 3 times at a big amusement park.  You got the concert with the price of admission.  One of them was one of the worst hangovers - ever.

Sir Slash

Agreed. Nothing says, "OUCH" in the morning like Molly. Wouldn't trade it for the World now though.