Uk send stormtroopers after assange..i hyperbole =)

Started by 0kult13, August 16, 2012, 07:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0kult13

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-19259623

"Ecuador has accused the UK of making a "threat" to enter its embassy in London to arrest Wikileaks' Julian Assange."

""Today we received from the United Kingdom an express threat, in writing, that they might storm our embassy in London if we don't hand over Julian Assange," he said."

Hardly the way for a supposedly democratic government to act. Are the gonna send the SAS in.. dont think so. 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: 0kult13 on August 16, 2012, 07:22:02 AM
Are the gonna send the SAS in.. dont think so.

Probably not, but it would be really F'ing cool.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Let Assange flee to Ecuador.

There he can live in constant fear that someone will slip some Exlax into his space cakes.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

0kult13

Ecuador granted him asylum

Rejoice but the tricky bit is getting from the building to the airport. Don't know why you guys don't like him, he only published stuff others were whistle blowing any ways. But regardless of the whos and whats it would be really phukn cool to see the SAS do another embassy raid. I was very young but remember the iranian one.

Staggerwing

^ Then that would put you in your mid to late 30's now as it happened in 1980.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Steelgrave

The Brits are also talking about closing down the Ecuadoran embassy. I think they are miffed.  8)

Bison

Don't like him because he is a fucking douchebag.  I'm sure there is more reasons to hate the guy, but douchebag works for me.  Assange is a douchebag.  Has a nice ring don't you think?

Staggerwing

Storming sovereign embassies will set a dangerous precedent. Every US and UK embassy across the world would be in danger of not just terrorists but also of the very host gov't that is supposed to guarantee the Embassy's safety as sovereign soil its home country. The US and UK embassies in Syria would be full of Assad's spies right now sifting through all of the intelligence goodies held within.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

0kult13

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 16, 2012, 04:18:26 PM
^ Then that would put you in your mid to late 30's now as it happened in 1980.

Yup im 38

undercovergeek

the 1961 vienna act says an embassy is an island of the sovereign state and is part of that country

the 1987 something something act says if the embassy is not been used for its proper purposes then the above is invalid

in the paper today theyre saying the only way out for him is to be sealed in a diplomatic case and sent to Ecuador - case cant be touched as long as its marked up right, Nigeria tried it a bit ago but put the wrong papers on and the box was searched

Huw the Poo

As a Brit, all I can say is that (once again) I'm hugely embarrassed by my own government's actions.  I hope Assange gets out to be honest.