Main Menu

log-on

Started by bob48, August 18, 2012, 06:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

HELP!......

What the smeg is going on. For no reason that I can see, everywhere I log onto, from Grog to facebook, has started asking me to enter username and password, even those sites where I'm always logged on, such as Grog. Even re-entering and saving fails, and I still get prompted for log-on info.

Anyone got any idea's what causing this, 'cause I aint got a clue.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Looks like the Cookie Monster paid you a visit. Can you log in a second or third time to GH w/out entering the info? If so, you somehow cleared out all your 'cookies', little bits of info a website leaves behind to remember you by. You also may have set up your browser not to accept any cookies anymore. A malware scan might be a good precaution, just in case.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

Thats the strange thing about it. I did think it could be cookie related, although I have not altered anything (that I'm aware of).
Once I re-enter the info, it will be ok for a couple of times, then it re-sets again.

I did run some scans and they came up clear. However, I'll check browser settings again. The other thing, which may or may not be related, is that it was running fine yesterday, and last thing last night there was a W7 up-date installing, which finished when I turned the 'puter on today, and its been pear-shaped ever since.

Anywho, thanks Stagger, I'll look at the browser settings though.

'Clip those corners'

undercovergeek

what w7 do you have bob?

i have home at home and no worries, but work laptop with pro on always does the same to me

bob48

Home Premium,

However, I took Staggers's advice and checked my browser settings, and sure enough, the setting which selects if or not you save cookies had been changed, and I know its only happened since that last Windows update. I reselected it, and now, as far as I can see, its all back to normal (for any given value of 'normal', that it).

'Clip those corners'

Staggerwing

Good to hear! I'll email you the invoice- plus 15% off for being a Groghead  ;)

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

bob48

LOL - I'll post you a photo of a £5 note!

'Clip those corners'

Staggerwing

Quote from: bob48 on August 19, 2012, 11:19:01 AM
LOL - I'll post you a photo of a £5 note!

Ha! Good one!
There was a story a while back of a guy who got a notice from the traffic authority which included a traffic cam photograph of him and a time/date stamp also showing he was going 15 miles over the speed limit. It also contained a speeding ticket for $50 and an envelope to enclose it in. He, being in a bit of a contrary mood, sent the envelope in with a photograph of $50. A week later he received another notice and this time, in addition to the ticket and return envelope, there was a photograph of a set of hand cuffs. He paid the fine.

bob48

I love that sort of stupid humor. I did hear of a guy who got a bill from the local gas company, and. since he wall all electric, the bill was for zero. Naturally, he ignored it. He then got a final demand for the bill, so he sent a cheque for £0.00 and in time recieved a reciept.

This is what happens when computers take over...

'Clip those corners'

undercovergeek

then please let me direct you here - the guy receives a bill from the bank and sends a picture he drew of a spider and charges them the cost of his over draft

please read all the stuff - the things he does to a fellow employee to drive him insane is hilarious

http://www.27bslash6.com/overdue.html

and this, an arguement with penguin books, is hilarious

http://www.27bslash6.com/covers.html

bob48

Wonderful - I laughed me socks off :-))

'Clip those corners'