Main Menu

THEC64

Started by MiniHexer, June 22, 2021, 03:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

If Manuel's erect that's his wife's problem. Or, his if she not home.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on June 26, 2021, 09:29:29 AM
Pratt if you have a copy of SSI's Sword of Aragon up there with an intact manual...I would be interested!

Ha, me, too! -- Sword of Aragon was one of those SSI titles I always wanted to buy but somehow never got around to it. (Partly because copies were rare in my area.)

I've been at my brothers' for the weekend, so progress has not been made in sorting the giant stack of C64 things.

What I do have, is a copy of War for Krynn. (Whether the disc works or not, who knows.) But I think that's still available on PC; I know I have a DOS/Win copy somewhere.

It occurs to me that comparing with the 1600ish games (or however many) on the emulator would be useful in figuring out what's worth the buy.

Update after re-reading the original post: okay, looks like the new C64 emulator comes with no games per se? You have to download them from somewhere else?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Gusington on June 26, 2021, 09:29:29 AM
Pratt if you have a copy of SSI's Sword of Aragon up there with an intact manual...I would be interested!

That is a game I would love to see someone redo.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

MiniHexer

I've got a game only a week or so off finishing, for THEC64 its going to be a prg file until I figure something else out but the prg files seem quite common now anyway,, its not a remake of a particular game, but there were plenty of games like this in the 80s, I don't want to give the info yet, but stay tuned . I like it so far , I have done it in Assembly so the screen is smooth.

As a clue its got fruit in it :)

Staggerwing

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 27, 2021, 05:04:39 PM

Update after re-reading the original post: okay, looks like the new C64 emulator comes with no games per se? You have to download them from somewhere else?

TheC64 does come with a number of games but many faves are missing, most likely due to licensing issues. That's where the download thing comes in since almost every game has an emulator-ready file out there somewhere on the internettywebz. You can even make your own file if you have a working original 1541 or 1571 drive and some special software and related cable.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MiniHexer

https://manyone88.itch.io/c64-fruitmachine-coded-2021

Ok here is the game link. its free and coded in 2021, its a fruit Machine, with feature hold , gamble features and flashing lights

Gusington

I wonder what the chances are of Sword of Aragon being remade...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MiniHexer

This has got to be my fav game so far, its called beach Head , and you get a map and then when ships clash you get the pic above firing cannons

MiniHexer

my second THEC64 and joystick just arrived, may I remind you guys of history, you wont be able to get these forever and then the second hand ones will be so expensive, get one while you still can.  THEC64 is like a full system but enhanced it really is worth it

Gusington

I played either the original Beachhead or one of its sequels...maybe Beachhead 2? For its time it was great.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MiniHexer

some one just recommended me a sequel called Raid over moscow, im going to grad it later :)

Gusington

I played that too! It was also very good. As an aside, if you like fantasy themed chess, try the original Archon. And if you enjoy platformers, try Impossible Mission.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MiniHexer

great recomendations thanks, I think I had impossible mission , This is great I just loaded up Elite

Gusington

I remember the ads for Elite but never played it. It's a wire-frame space flight sim, isn't it?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MiniHexer

yes its a wire frame space combat and trader. but the empire strikes back is more a wireframe shooter which i just played and was very cool too