Author Topic: Trials and tribulations of owning a house  (Read 8094 times)

Offline fran

• Equites
Re: Trials and tribulations of owning a house
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2021, 05:20:03 AM »
We had a similar family-oriented event after my Father died. My brother, sister and myself had to jointly fix-up the old family home and sell it followed by splitting the sale 3 ways. We damned near ended-up in a sibling-on-sibling war over who was responsible for what and who did more or less than the others. Take it from me Steve, everybody involved discuss roles and responsibilities in as unemotional and loving way as possible and come to a mutually agreed upon understanding. Our family still suffers from some of the ill feelings that occurred and this was never the way our parents wanted us to be. One house is not worth destroying a whole family's relationship over. My 2 cents.

Wow, this is never easy to do.

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2021, 03:59:35 PM »
So a day later and things are a bit better.  Soaked carpet is up and surprisingly, we are still getting some showings, from some flippers.  Guess a little water didn't bother them.  Insurance guy says the WH is on us.   ???

Slash, sorry to hear that.  Hopefully, as they say, time heals all wounds.  Yes there has been a hurt/annoyed/irritated/etc feeling or two or three through the process, but for the most part I think my siblings and I will still be together after all is said and done.  We might get irritated sometimes, but there won't be no killings. :hug:  Ma and Pa did a good job raising us. :bd: 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 04:13:02 PM by steve58 »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then youíre probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2021, 09:46:28 PM »
Sounds like they did indeed.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2021, 02:59:21 PM »
So we (siblings and I) got a buyer for $10K over asking price...on an "as is" house that is as old as I am (we moved into the house that my parents designed and had built when I was 5 months old)...which I'll just say is 50++ years old.  Hope it all works out and closes asap because...

...my wife and I are putting our house on the market on Monday.  Its been about 16 years since we last went through this and I didn't like it then and don't like it now.  Not a big fan of change, especially big ones like this.   :pullhair:

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then youíre probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline GDS_Starfury

• Musketeer
  • Sons of Punarchy
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2021, 03:35:37 PM »
why?  IMO its a bad time to sell for the simple reason that you now have to buy back into a very over inflated market.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2021, 04:27:13 PM »
Because...four simple words:  "Happy wife, happy life".   :)