The Great American Solar Eclipse

Started by W8taminute, March 20, 2024, 02:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Wow, that really is amazing.  Great pictures!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Con

Saw it in Colebrook NH - 3+ minutes of Totality
I met a lot of folks who had left Texas less than 12 hours earlier and flew then drove to NH since we had a cloudless day.
There really is no explaining it was something unreal and well worth getting into totality for.
The 15 hour drive back due to mountains/rural roads/bad google was something I could have done without!
Con

Gusington

^Yeah an eclipse certainly provides a special kinda vibe that is hard to explain.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

One description i read that helped convince me was that the difference between 99% and totality is the same as reading the menue at a 4 star restaurant and eating there 
After going through it I have to agree
Quote from: Gusington on April 15, 2024, 08:21:44 AM^Yeah an eclipse certainly provides a special kinda vibe that is hard to explain.
[/quote

Sigwolf

I was fortunate enough to be in an area of mostly clear totality.  The coolest thing was the way the color of everything looked different immediately before and after... almost like looking through some strangely polarized sunglasses.  The effect of a 360 degree sunset/sunrise over the course of a few minutes was also incredible. 

Just a surreal visual experience.

Tripoli

I was doing a little processing of my eclipse images this weekend. Here's a detail of one of the photos I took at 13:51:36 CST.  You can see some of the fine detail in the solar prominence.

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln