Covid - Who's got it?

Started by solops, January 24, 2022, 08:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

Ok, who has it or had it? I tested positive yesterday (Sunday) after a miserable Saturday. Fever is gone or way down but chest congestion is slowly rising. I'm overweight, 65+ and have type 2 diabetes, bad combo. Doc got me on Molnupiravir, Fluvoxamine and Invermectin and we HOPE I can get the monoclonal antibody treatment this week. I had both of the shots (Pfizer) and the booster. And I take a big handful of vitamins every day. Talked to my lawyer this morning and he got it over the weekend, too. Any other personal experiences out there? If it gets worse I may try the fermented armadillo blood infusion.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

I had it, my wife had it, my 8 year old had it, my 2 year old had it,  my nanny had it. We're all still alive.

Get a pulse ox and keep your eye on it. You'll be fine. Hang in there.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Half of my friends and family have had it. I haven't and neither have my wife or kids. We are all vaxxed and boosted.

Good luck and get well soon.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The Wife and I had it about a month ago. It felt like a cold when I got up in the morning so I started taking some Zinc. Then about mid-afternoon it was clearly the Flu coming on, body aches, chills, and fever. So I took some over-the-counter Flu medicine, I had the Flu Vaxx, and felt better the next morning, back to being like a head cold. My Wife got tested and was positive so I knew I had it too. But it never got worse than feeling like a cold except for a lack of appetite and general tiredness. I got tested later and was positive but the Doc says as long as you have no symptoms, you're not contagious and I've felt fine since Day 10. I'm also 65, Diabetic but not overweight. This is very important. Stay healthy and exercise regularly and watch your diet. It can make a huge difference. Hang in there Solops, don't over do it, and every day you'll get closer to beating this damned disease.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Everyone around me is coming down with it, all double vaxxed and several with the booster as well.  (None of my unvaxxed friends or co-workers have come down with it though.) 

I've been able to avoid it so far. I take a daily regimen of zinc, vitamin D3, C, and K2, Quercetin, N-Acetyl Cysteine, Nigella Sativa, Melatonin, and mouthwash with cetylpyridinium chloride.  I think I may have had covid back in Feb 2020 before things really took off here and the lockdowns went in to effect.  3 of my co-workers all got very sick and were off work for 2-3 weeks.  I felt like crap and was coughing up my lungs but it only lasted for about 4 days and I was fine after that.  I had a much worse reaction to the pfizer jab than the sickness and actually had to go to the emergency room because of it.

Solops, if you're able to get it, give Ivermectin a go and also add NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) to your daily vitamin intake.  They both worked wonders here.  Can't get Ivermectin here anymore though which is why I switched to Nigella Sativa.  I hear they've made it hard to get your hands on NAC in the States for some reason.  It's still widely available here in Canada so you might be able to get some shipped from here.

Anguille

Get well soon...

As far as we know, we didn't have it yet. My parents got it before the vaccine was there and my father died because of it. Right now, so many around us got it and my daughter is back to homeschooling for a week because there are so many cases in her classroom.

It seems Omicron is far less dangerous than Delta. Wish you all the best.

solops

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I almost did not start this thread because of the anguish this disease has caused. I decided to go ahead with it because I am worried about having it and I have enjoyed and been encouraged by most of the responses. I have not lost my sense of taste, though I think it is muted and everything is saltier. Things are looking up as it has not, so far, gotten any deeper into my lungs.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

All things considered I can't believe I haven't gotten it yet.  It seems every day I'm getting notified about another covid interaction with my daughter at her high school.

Hang in there, Solops.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

My oldest son and I got it Thanksgiving before last. It really sucked. I ended up in the ER with ongoing repeating PVCs. Luckily I stabilized and was able to go home. My son did ok, a huge relief since he has several pre-existing conditions. My ex mother-in-law got it and passed away soon after.

(EDIT: forgot we've actually had another thanksgiving since then. :old:)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

I think the hardest part for me was staying home for 10 days. The perfect excuse to play games but I always feel too shitty to play when I'm sick so I slept a lot.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.