Main Menu

9/11 Lawsuit

Started by LongBlade, September 11, 2012, 08:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Well, after 11 years I guess it's time to recognize this event with a lawsuit.

QuoteMassport could be on the hook for billions of dollars in damages as part of a lawsuit filed by the owners of the World Trade Center who accuse the agency of "abysmal" security at Logan Airport on Sept. 11, 2001, when al-Qaeda terrorists hijacked two jets and unleashed their war on America.

The suit — one of the last linked to the attacks 11 years ago today — could give the country its first courtroom airing of airport security blunders, and might end in a staggering jury award.

"This could be bigger than your wildest imagination," said attorney Don Migliori, a partner in the Motley Rice law firm in Providence, and an expert on 9/11 litigation. "You don't have any idea what will happen if this goes to a jury. Anything can happen."

Funny, I never thought of this angle. I'm not really surprised, just never thought about a suit like this. Nor would I be surprised if the number that comes out of this suit turned out to be mind-boggling big. Imagine the punitive damages for the entire nation - I mean none of us old enough to remember the event weren't affected by it. Even if you consider a modest figure like a million bucks per person for pain and suffering - times the entire nation? This could indeed go bigger than our wildest imagination.

Personally, I think this suit might be misdirected. Rather than suing Massport (or maybe in addition to them) we ought to sue the countries and the assets that made it possible. Take UBL's family construction company and sue them for pain and suffering. And go after every business entity related to them. And every country that tolerated and harbored those terrorists.

Talk about draining the swamp. We could just suck up all that oil money and put it right back into our coffers. Drain the entire middle east of every penny. I'd be OK with that.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

I second Jim's suggestion.  Can we get the JAG to weigh in on this for us?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Greybriar

I wonder if there's anyone else on our side they are planning on suing?
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.