Main Menu

IE Security Hole

Started by LongBlade, September 18, 2012, 08:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Germany is waiving folks off of using IE until a big hole is patched.

QuoteIn its warning published late Monday, Germany's IT watchdog called on people using Windows XP or Windows 7 operating systems and Internet Explorer versions 7, 8 or 9 to switch to alternative browsers until Microsoft updates the browser's security features.

Attackers lure users to an infected website, for example through an emailed link. Visiting the website then allows hackers to introduce codes to take control of the user's computer, the BSI agency said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/09/18/massive-security-hole-found-in-internet-explorer
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

Quote from: LongBlade on September 18, 2012, 08:44:14 AM
Germany is waiving folks off of using IE until a big hole is patched.

QuoteIn its warning published late Monday, Germany's IT watchdog called on people using Windows XP or Windows 7 operating systems and Internet Explorer versions 7, 8 or 9 to switch to alternative browsers until Microsoft updates the browser's security features.

Attackers lure users to an infected website, for example through an emailed link. Visiting the website then allows hackers to introduce codes to take control of the user's computer, the BSI agency said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/09/18/massive-security-hole-found-in-internet-explorer

OR the users could just not be stupid and not follow random links to random sites....  ::) :P

mirth

I love how Fox makes part of the URL "massive-security-hole-found-in-internet-explorer" and then in the article the German spokesman says, "This is not a massive problem".
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MIGMaster

Quote from: mirth on September 18, 2012, 08:59:07 AM
I love how Fox makes part of the URL "massive-security-hole-found-in-internet-explorer" and then in the article the German spokesman says, "This is not a massive problem".

I can see the next Fox headline now - Germany's relunctance to deal with understated problem could lead to global disaster."

LongBlade

Fox's biggest problem is their sensationalism.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on September 18, 2012, 12:32:12 PM

Fox's biggest problem is their sensationalism.

MSNBC probably scores as high in the misleading headline dept.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

I only clicked on this thread because LB said hole.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.