Zombie Apocalypse Training

Started by LongBlade, September 19, 2012, 07:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

For real.

A security summit next month will focus on how to respond to a zombie apocalypse.

QuoteThe zombies, of course, won't be real, but Barker said the same techniques, tactics and procedures that state and local authorities will glean from the exercise are very similar to the skills they'll need when responding to an act of terrorism, natural disaster or pandemic.

"Whatever the catalyst is for a mass casualty event, nobody really cares," Barker said. "What you've got is chaos, mass casualties and a whole lot of confusion. What we're looking to do is to recreate the chaos."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/18/zombies-to-invade-san-diego-counter-terrorism-summit
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Sounds fun.  My only concern is if they are using this to learn out to deal with crow control and riots does Zombie Land rule #2 "Double-Tap" apply?    ;D
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MikeGER

i recently saw a feature about a cat disease (tiny parasite) which also needs to live in rats to do its life-cycle.
The parasite wanders into the brain of the rat and change the chemstry in a way that the rat will be attracted to cat smell ...and so get eaten... and the parasite is back in the cats bowel to reproduce...

Now it comes !
the parasite can infect humans too ..but with not much of a symptom when acute (nowadays ;)).. but there were tests that reaction time of fresh infected persons is doubled... and there were rumors this is the reason for some 'cat crasy ppl.' (who own a dozenth in a small apartment or so...)

If this parsite change a bit ...you come close to Zombies
slow reaction time  =>glumsy stepping ... altered brain chemistry => all kind if crasy behaviour

And now the shocker:
every second person in the US and Europe had it once  -usually without any more symptoms when acute then catching a mild cold-... (and has antibodies in his blood to prove it )

Its called Toxoplasmose

Silent Disapproval Robot

I don't know.  Between this, QE3, the 1.4 billion rounds of ammo, and the suspected rise in food prices, I feel like this is more to desensitize people who will have to deal with riotous mobs.