Main Menu

Zomia

Started by Gusington, February 15, 2012, 01:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Interesting article here: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/14/the-undiscovered-country/ - about borders, and lack of them, in the modern world as well as the Asian region of Zomia. Good reading.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I agree...the world just feels very weird without Borders Bookstore.  :'(
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Centurion40

Quote from: Gusington on February 15, 2012, 01:07:26 PM
Interesting article here: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/14/the-undiscovered-country/ - about borders, and lack of them, in the modern world as well as the Asian region of Zomia. Good reading.

Interesting concept.  This is the first that I've ever heard of Zomia.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

^Me too.

And Borders book store was a rip off, btw.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Thanks, Gus. I skimmed through it. Need to set some time aside to dig in deeper, but it looks good.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

very interesting - I shared over at CSW.

You should post this to GN, too :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

Apparently the idea of Zomia has been around for five years...I know I've never heard of it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd